87 cavalier wagon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I keep telling him to just do the head swap to keep from changing timing belts every 60-80k but he wants to keep the vg30 heads for some reason
I think the Quest/Villager cam and crank sprockets will bolt onto the Maxima. Same size, just a different tooth profile to run the 100k belt instead of the 60k belt. The belt is visibly beefier.

__CHI__

Low Life
Reaction score
I think the Quest/Villager cam and crank sprockets will bolt onto the Maxima. Same size, just a different tooth profile to run the 100k belt instead of the 60k belt. The belt is visibly beefier.
They do,I’ve pointed out the differences to my buddy and he still wants vg30 heads. Guess he’s just dumb or something lol

__CHI__

Low Life
Reaction score
Decided what route I’m taking with the wagon..so,I just tore the 350 out of my stepside and stripping the rest of the good parts I need and was gonna scrap the rest. Then it hit me..the wagon would look sweeeeet on the stepside frame,I wanna either do a straight axle gasser style or make it 4wd,either way it will be somewhat mad max inspired,armored windows,big whips,massive rake,and a big engine. My grandpa has an old c70 log truck with a 427 in it,gonna pull it and hook it to a turbo 400 or possibly the 700r4 that’s laying in the garage. Might do a chopped/slanted roof for it as well. If it’s going to be done gasser style I’ll find some old cragers,if I go 4wd I’ll make it 8 lug and run probably 20x12s with 35s,most likely make it a dually as well lol. Gonna measure everything out and see if the frame will somewhat work,this is gonna be a long project but it’s gonna be nasty when it’s done