Das ****** Schnitzel

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MrPink

Bainisteoir Páirteanna
Reaction score
Not to pile on, but everybody I've known who had an Audi/VW hot rod has expressed your current frustration. I sold my daughter's Beetle TDI cheap for a reason. If you were a real glutton for punishment you'd pick up a 2nd gen Mitsubishi Eclipse like my coworker just did.
This is the only one that I have owned that hasn't been reliable. Granted all my others were diesel except 2, both I did not own long.

Last edited:

MrPink

Bainisteoir Páirteanna
Reaction score
Was in the garage for 20 min today while I'm home sick from work with horrid sinus ****..

Installed the K&N cabin filter, plastic welded the broken cabin filter access cover, and covered the "welded" plastic with the K&N sticker.

I find it funny how over engineered this engine is but yet how simple it is at the same time.

It's a DOHC engine with one cam sprocket, a timing chain to run the intake cam, and also has way more emissions stuff on it then is needed, none of which my car has anymore.

Attachments

• 20240130_140755.jpg
    20240130_140755.jpg
    219.2 KB · Views: 8
  • 20240130_140811.jpg
    20240130_140811.jpg
    428.3 KB · Views: 8

MrPink

Bainisteoir Páirteanna
Reaction score
nothing really to update, too cold to do much in the garage, however i have all the parts to fix the car and then some.

I am also looking to replace the radio i put in which is nice, but I got it because at the time it fit the budget, and had Bluetooth. It's a Blaupunkt Dallas 5023, and i want to replace it with an OEM looking radio(RCN210) that has Bluetooth.

Current:
You must be registered for see images attach

What I want to replace it:
You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

MrPink

Bainisteoir Páirteanna
Reaction score
So over the weekend i did some work on it, it now runs correctly again. I still have a list of things to do one of which is fix the blend doors so that the A/C and the non-used heat actually go to their respective vents when commanded by the HVAC controls.