4l80 interchange question please

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jane7191

Reaction score
I bought my boyfriend a 96 cheyenne 4x2 auto dually and it has no reverse
I am going to get it diagnosed to be sure it's not the reverse servo line but in case it's not and needs a trans I've been looking and found this on ebay that looks good and is within driving range for pick up but I'm confused as to why it says it won't fit I thought the interchange was all 4l80's 94-96 for direct fit and this is from a 95 3500 anyway please let me know what I'm missing here's the link

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1995-Chevy...h=item33ed60d26b:g:AhgAAOSwVK9bKrRL#vi-ilComp

jane7191

Reaction score
well I just noticed it sold geez that's crazy less than 5 minutes ago it was for sale oh well

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
@jane7191 To answer your original question though, the transmission in that listing would've worked fine for you. Don't trust the interchange info on eBay listings, half the time sellers have no idea what they're talking about.

Sparkysikes

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
When did they change the "force" pins. And harness adapters blah blah. I converted mine to auto and that was the big deal to everyone I talked to about it

Reaction score
I bought my boyfriend a 96 cheyenne 4x2 auto dually and it has no reverse
I am going to get it diagnosed to be sure it's not the reverse servo line but in case it's not and needs a trans I've been looking and found this on ebay that looks good and is within driving range for pick up but I'm confused as to why it says it won't fit I thought the interchange was all 4l80's 94-96 for direct fit and this is from a 95 3500 anyway please let me know what I'm missing here's the link

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1995-Chevy...h=item33ed60d26b:g:AhgAAOSwVK9bKrRL#vi-ilComp
I recently got a 1991 GMC dually and it shifted fine but did not go into reverse. Me and my girlfriend got it working by welding 1/8 inch onto the rear servo pin. It is not to hard but you have to take a lot of the same size bolts out (most) to drop the valve body to get the pin out.