Replacing all fuel lines, 88 RCSB TBI 4.3L

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DeCaff2007

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I searched google all day long and found nothing but aggravation and confusion. I literally did 2 search queries here and found what I was looking for, sort of. I'll reference this ancient thread, as it has a link to a Rock Auto part number. It's only half of the kit, but it's still available today.

So, with that, I was able to find the FULL kit on Ebay. Here's the Part Number:

1988-1995 Chevrolet K1500 Fuel Line Kit -TGL9401OM

The downside is the price. I don't see how $170 is reasonable, but it is a complete bolt on kit, from the throttle body to the fuel pump. Looks like all that I will need to add is a fuel filter.

You all might notice that this kit is for an RCLB, and I have an RCSB. It will be a simple matter to cut and splice the difference in bed lengths, from the steel tube, to make this fit.

JOHNGAAA1

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Go to Inlinetube.com . The kit you need is part number NFR0013. It is a nylon fuel line kit to switch out the metal lines from the tank to the engine and the vent. Repair time is 1 hour or less. The cost is $99 and the shipping is free. No more rusted lines, no more problems. I have installed at least 20 of these kits and it solves the problem at an affordable cost. You can either remove the old lines and the new nylon kit will fit into the factory brackets, or feed the lines along the brackets and just zip tie them in place if you are pressed for time. I prefer to put them into the factory brackets. You will be HAPPY !!!

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
I think $170 is reasonable for a prebent kit.

I replaced my lines from the filter back with nylon from Gas Tank Renu, that I bought through ebay. The lines aren't as thick as the nylon/plastic that was used on my Saturn from the factory, but it seems to work well. I ran it all in the factory holders in the frame, and covered axposed areas with plastic flex loom that I bought at Menards.... cheap stuff, but I didn't think about ordering heavier stuff ahead of time.

DeCaff2007

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I appreciate the input/replies. I was actually trying to piece together some nylon lines before I found the kit that I posted. Again, couldn't find any female ends for the fuel pump, so that idea was abandoned.

Oddly, I had an 84 Chevy Celebrity with the same problem.... rotted fuel lines from the sending unit to about halfway up the car. Although that wasn't the only problem, I had to junk the car because I couldn't find parts. This was at least a decade ago......

EDIT: I went back and looked at that Inlinetube.com kit. I'm now wishing I would have gone that route. Grrrrr. Oh well, there's always next time.

Last edited:

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
4.3 uses a different size return line, 5/16" iirc.
kit appears to be for a 5.7, does the 5.7 use 3/8 or 5/16?

also check out lines to go, linestogo.com, quality stuff.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
I appreciate the input/replies. I was actually trying to piece together some nylon lines before I found the kit that I posted. Again, couldn't find any female ends for the fuel pump, so that idea was abandoned.

I thought about trying to do it myself, but buying three different sizes of line adds up, and then availability was low on Amazon for awhile, due to Covid, I guess. I went ahead and bought a nylon kit which contained all the parts.... more expensive per foot, but I don't really need 25 feet of each line size, either.

DeCaff2007

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
4.3 uses a different size return line, 5/16" iirc.
kit appears to be for a 5.7, does the 5.7 use 3/8 or 5/16?

also check out lines to go, linestogo.com, quality stuff.

It'll fit. If not, the seller is getting an ear full and I will get my money back.

DeCaff2007

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Damn fuel lines just came in today. I immediately confirmed that there are two different sized lines in there.

You must be registered for see images attach

There are, indeed, a 3/8" main and 5/16" return line.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
Damn fuel lines just came in today. I immediately confirmed that there are two different sized lines in there.

There are, indeed, a 3/8" main and 5/16" return line.

I'm confused.....where is the problem?