How to LS Swap a GMT400 (or any other vehicle)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

j 1985 chevy

Reaction score
What are the best year 6.0L to use to do this swap, I've heard that the 2000s LQ4s crankshaft is to short for mating up to a 98 4L60E. Newer years are a little longer but you can buy a spacer kit to bring flexplate out further or will that kit work on a 2000 LQ4 as well and what kind of flexplate do I use?
I believe 99 2000 have the long crank i known that you can bolt the th400 to the shore crank with a 4l80e flex plate with the oem spacer the 6.0 came with a spacer never used a 4l60e that came behind a gen 1or 2 sbc may work the same

j 1985 chevy

Reaction score
OP, did I miss something or was splicing the OBS harness to the LS harness skipped? I'm doing a LM7 swap into a Suburban that already had a NV4500 swapped in place of the 4L60E. So now I'm at the point where I need to integrate parts of the LS harness into the Suburbans stock harness. I believe VSS needs to be spliced into the Suburbans C100 E6&7, but I'm not sure.

I've searched high and low during the last seven months of this project and have found some great projects (Jeebalow, Green95Hoe, amongst many others) and some great written info (S&P's 13pg PDF), hell not to mention Brendan's amazing write up on lt1swap.com. With all of that great info, wiring the two harnesses has been glossed over for whatever reason(s). But that's ok, I guess with whoevers help I will fill in the blanks.

Any help?

Nick

Edit: Nevermind, I found the info and I am compiling it here: http://www.gmt400.com/forum/showthread.php?32099-GMT400-to-LS-Harness-Questions
laurenceville garage makes grate obs wiring video