43l60e problem after radiator swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wayja

Reaction score
Hey Forum,

Help! I have a weird problem. I replaced my radiator in my 1994 Chevy C1500, and accidentally (don't ask) ran the engine with cooler lines disconnected for a very short time. After all was hooked up, I serviced the trans. In the morning when I checked the cold level, it was way high. Why did the level go up when cold? I drove it to work, and it slipped a little. I decided to drain fluid out from the lower cooler line at the radiator. When I fired the engine nothing came out at first, then air, then frothy foam, before fluid came out. I filled the trans to the proper level when hot in neutral. When I put it in gear, no RPM drop. Stepped on accelerator and no movement. I left it running and noticed that the cooler return line from the radiator was hotter than the supply line. The trans operated perfect before the radiator change. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,

wayja