383 in a 97 K1500?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

starkbark

Reaction score
Has anyone put a 383 into one of these trucks? Obviously it is the same block, so it will sit in there like it is meant to be there. My main concern is keeping my wiring harness, fuel injection etc. the same. Will the 4l60e handle the increase in power? This truck does have port fuel injection, not TBI.

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yes you can install a ht383e. Uses everything from stock accept distributor. Everything else is plug and play. If your 4l60 has some miles, its depending on how you drive, you'll most likely need a new transmission.. otherwise it's a good upgrade imo. Also its recommended to get a tune afterwards

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Has anyone put a 383 into one of these trucks? Obviously it is the same block, so it will sit in there like it is meant to be there. My main concern is keeping my wiring harness, fuel injection etc. the same. Will the 4l60e handle the increase in power? This truck does have port fuel injection, not TBI.
Not in a truck but have one in a 97 Express conversion van. I had a 4L60E not live 38K miles behind a stock 350 and its built 4L65E replacement lasted 40K. I have a 4L85E backed to a very healthy 383 now.
You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach