1994 k1500 383 tbi

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Taz069

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd get rid of the silly tall valve covers before I deleted a useful A/C system.

Apparently you need different headers...or different heads.

I got lucky. My "angle plug" heads fit my Edelbrock shorty headers so well that plug access/clearance is marvelous. The only plug I can't just reach down and cram a spark-plug socket onto, is #1, and that comes out with a 5/8 box-end wrench.
Cannot delete the tall valve covers. Roller rockers in under them

Taz069

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Update all. Seems Holly's sniper 2 roll out parts and pieces updated thru summit. Don't match now stuck for over a week without the right parts to hook the main body up. Let's see, sniper 2 uses a 16 pin connector. The one summit sent has 2 plugs that equal 16 won't work Motor in truck doing , new shortie jba s.s. headers that are made for straight plugs. Still tooling away all. Hot rod on

Attachments

• IMG_20231014_153620413.jpg
    IMG_20231014_153620413.jpg
    294.6 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_20231014_153632080.jpg
    IMG_20231014_153632080.jpg
    322.8 KB · Views: 9

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have Comp Pro Magnum roller rockers with short poly locks under stock valve covers and enjoy ice cold AC.
The stock covers would not work with my cylinder heads, but short cast aluminum covers fit with minimal grinding on the ac bracket for clearence.

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cannot delete the tall valve covers. Roller rockers in under them
If you don't have a STUD GIRDLE, you don't need tall valve covers.

I've got roller rockers under multiple sets of standard, OEM valve covers--Oldsmobile 455, and two SBCs--400 and 5.7L. One BBC--454.

The problem is not the roller rockers, the problem MIGHT be the height of the poly-locks that adjust the rockers. Shorter poly-locks, or clearancing the covers should fix that problem.

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The breather vent on later Vortec valve covers is a little narrower. I was able to fit them with my roller rockers, but TBI valve covers hit. Note that apparently early Vortecs used the same valve covers as the TBIs.

Taz069

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you don't have a STUD GIRDLE, you don't need tall valve covers.

I've got roller rockers under multiple sets of standard, OEM valve covers--Oldsmobile 455, and two SBCs--400 and 5.7L. One BBC--454.

The problem is not the roller rockers, the problem MIGHT be the height of the poly-locks that adjust the rockers. Shorter poly-locks, or clearancing the covers should fix that problem.
Thank you #Schurkey For the wisdom on clearance. Just another thing I wanted. I will find a way for it all to work for sure. Dealing with the old factory wiring harness and unused items now. No biggie going to be a different machine for sure. Again thank you.

Taz069

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here we are! Another delay by Holley to ship out the fuel pump. All be Leary of Holleys new sniper 2 roll out! Not a complete system. If you wonder why I can go in depth. They sent the wrong CDI, wrong wiring harness... Uuhhgg. Throttle on all its a coming

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Here we are! Another delay by Holley to ship out the fuel pump. All be Leary of Holleys new sniper 2 roll out! Not a complete system. If you wonder why I can go in depth. They sent the wrong CDI, wrong wiring harness... Uuhhgg. Throttle on all its a coming

I feel like the aftermarket stuff was engineered stupidly sometimes. My Edelbrock ProFlow 4 system had an issue with the heater outlet fitting and the fuel line to the fuel rail trying to occupy the same space using the fittings that Edelbrock supplied. I ended up having to get a 90* fitting for the heater outlet and a banjo bolt for the fuel line. $50 worth of fittings to fix their mistake on clearence. Makes a person wonder if they even tried to install the thing and run it in a street vehicle with a heater. The ECU also does not have any kind of IAC compensation for the ac compressor. Everytime the ac cycles the idle dips or spikes and the engine surges while the IAC hunts to find its new position. Same goes for when you put the transmission into gear, especially reverse. When I find the time and motivation to do it, I will be configuring a clean, spare LS harness I have to run it with a P59. I put a spare 24x reluctor in that engine when I built it. When I swap the engine management, I will probably pull the TH400 and put a 4L80E in its place.

Taz069

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I feel like the aftermarket stuff was engineered stupidly sometimes. My Edelbrock ProFlow 4 system had an issue with the heater outlet fitting and the fuel line to the fuel rail trying to occupy the same space using the fittings that Edelbrock supplied. I ended up having to get a 90* fitting for the heater outlet and a banjo bolt for the fuel line. $50 worth of fittings to fix their mistake on clearence. Makes a person wonder if they even tried to install the thing and run it in a street vehicle with a heater. The ECU also does not have any kind of IAC compensation for the ac compressor. Everytime the ac cycles the idle dips or spikes and the engine surges while the IAC hunts to find its new position. Same goes for when you put the transmission into gear, especially reverse. When I find the time and motivation to do it, I will be configuring a clean, spare LS harness I have to run it with a P59. I put a spare 24x reluctor in that engine when I built it. When I swap the engine management, I will probably pull the TH400 and put a 4L80E in its place.

Attachments

• 16991242566121899614688212765588.jpg
    16991242566121899614688212765588.jpg
    254.7 KB · Views: 8