1999 Suburban

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1965truckrod

Reaction score
Welcome to the 99 club. I have your burb's big brother a 99 K2500 7.4L SLT.

I'll give you one piece of advice that has helped many a friend and customer (Shop owner for several years). Synthetic Oil is fine for a low mileage car, or an engine that has had it during it's entire life. What I do for my customers and also my own cars, I run Diesel oil (15w40 or the like) and then run about half a bottle of Lucas Oil Treatment. Once an engine hits the 150k mark, most gaskets and seals have hardened up fairly well unless they were refreshed for whatever reason, most engines never get opened up and moving to a synthetic oil where previously unknown or traditional oil, you'll find every leak that engine has as the synthetic will find any cracks or holes it can get to.

Thus far I have more than a handful of customers that are still driving their vehicles with 200+K one is over 500k and still running like a champ (Toyota Camry). I buy the stuff in bulk as I use it on everything including customers boats; Delo 400 SDE SAE 15W-40, comes in a blue bottle, sometimes dark grey. The stuff is amazing and price isn't bad either. Just my 2 cents of course.

I am planning on doing a lift most likely as well, I have already changed out the Torsion Keys to level the front out, but I'd like to run a slightly larger tire than I have now (265/75/R17) BFG K02 A/T. I don't think I'll be able to do that until I have a bit more room and not have rub at lock out.

I currently have Fox 2.0's on all 4 corners and they significantly helped with the bouncy front end and absorbing bumps. Being that the Keys have lifted the front up, it's a bit more bouncy and it is my understanding that the only way to reduce that bouncing would be running dual shocks up front which would require a custom cage, or get a lift kit that moves the suspension farther away from the frame, but keeping the geometry of the torsion bars the same as they are moved away as well. In theory I could run the factory torsion keys and the bounce would be reduced significantly. I would ideally like to run a pair of King shocks either double or triple bypass, but those are dreams of course. The rear end doesn't really need more absorption like the front does so just a longer shock will be required when I do the rear lift (longer leafs, not those crappy blocks).

Attachments

• Burb_Tamarac.jpg
    Burb_Tamarac.jpg
    332.9 KB · Views: 4

Nordin

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I recently changed my drums, shoes and everything to the rear brakes. Bought from a Swedish shop because of the shipping from the US with such heavy parts. I have also started to look around for a OBS Silverado, went to a guy past weekend but that was garbage, blown head gaskets and way to high temperatures within a few minutes. Have another one this weekend I will look at, is a 1989 6.2 Diesel

Nordin

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Took a short hunting trip, no capercaillie to be seen.

You must be registered for see images attach

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Took a short hunting trip, no capercaillie to be seen.

I know you are in Sweden, but that looks a lot like where my uncle lives in northern New Mexico, between Albuquerque and Farmington. He hunts elk in the mountains not too far from the town he lives in.

Pinger

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Just FYI these trucks were designed to run on 87 octane. Anything higher is a waste unless you've modified things and the PCM is tuned for it.

Years ago I experimented with running 93 in both of my trucks (before the red truck was tuned for 91 octane), they actually seemed to run worse and fuel mileage degraded slightly.
Something I came across recently is that octane is measured differently in the UK (and Europe presumably) than in USA. The upshot is that the same fuel will have a higher number here than in the USA.

Pinger

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Welcome to then forum Nordin - from another Suburbanite ( a 99 C2500) resident outside the USA or Canada. NE Scotland to be more specific. Same deal as you - dark winters and illuminating fuel prices. Mine runs on LPG which is quite a bit cheaper - or I'd be begging you to tell me how you achieved 19mpg. You have different from standard rear lights I think - just thought I'd mention it.