1999 Suburban

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nordin

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi!

We recently bought a chevy suburban from 1999 with the 5.7L V8.

Nothing special but I love it! The entire family 2 adults, 5 kids every other week and dog included fits perfectly!

I might want to lift it a little but otherwise no big plans.
Just trying my best to take good care of it.

Please excuse autocorrects and typos

You must be registered for see images attach

Just had to post this, a co-worker bought a suzuki and where so happy about the ground clearence, until I parked right next to him

Nordin

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Parts is pretty easy to get here in sweden but they are pricy.

I have bought other parts from rockauto before, and like it.
What do you guys think about this?
I dont know when oil, plugs etc where changed so I want to do that asap.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Parts is pretty easy to get here in sweden but they are pricy.

I have bought other parts from rockauto before, and like it.
What do you guys think about this?
I dont know when oil, plugs etc where changed so I want to do that asap.
That's a good idea on any used vehicle you don't know the service history on!
You have the 5.7 vortec? These are great engines if given a little regular maintenance. My Burb is the 2wd version of yours(99, 5.7 vortec, pewter). It just made 195,000 miles about 10 days ago, and is daily driven in Houston, Texas traffic. It's the second 400 series Suburban we've had; the other one was virtually identical, and served us well until it was wrecked. Had 250,000 miles on that 5.7.
This engine is the latest version of the venerable Chevrolet 350. Having had 8 Suburbans in my family over the last 33 years ( 5 of them with a 350), it's an excellent platform.
My Burb hasn't carried more than 3 people in the last 2 1/2 years, but it has hauled a lot of gear and cargo many times. We originally bought it to use as a swap meet truck, since we had other, newer vehicles for daily driving. We've loaded it up, top to bottom, window to window several times to go to swap meets ( sometimes even out of state), and our last 4 moves have been done with this truck.

Last edited:

BonestockK1500

LT265/75/R16
Reaction score
Hi!

We recently bought a chevy suburban from 1999 with the 5.7L V8.

Nothing special but I love it! The entire family 2 adults, 5 kids every other week and dog included fits perfectly!

I might want to lift it a little but otherwise no big plans.
Just trying my best to take good care of it.

Please excuse autocorrects and typos

Just had to post this, a co-worker bought a suzuki and where so happy about the ground clearence, until I parked right next to him

Awesome, welcome and very nice burb. It seems that the triple round driving lights are standard equipment in Sveden aye ?

makes me think of the line from The Quick and The Dead: “am I really that fast? or is Sweden just a really small place?”

decent movie if you’ve never seen it

Nordin

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's a good idea on any used vehicle you don't know the service history on!
You have the 5.7 vortec? These are great engines if given a little regular maintenance. My Burb is the 2wd version of yours(99, 5.7 vortec, pewter). It just made 195,000 miles about 10 days ago, and is daily driven in Houston, Texas traffic. It's the second 400 series Suburban we've had; the other one was virtually identical, and served us well until it was wrecked. Had 250,000 miles on that 5.7.
This engine is the latest version of the venerable Chevrolet 350. Having had 8 Suburbans in my family over the last 33 years ( 5 of them with a 350), it's an excellent platform.
My Burb hasn't carried more than 3 people in the last 2 1/2 years, but it has hauled a lot of gear and cargo many times. We originally bought it to use as a swap meet truck, since we had other, newer vehicles for daily driving. We've loaded it up, top to bottom, window to window several times to go to swap meets ( sometimes even out of state), and our last 4 moves have been done with this truck.

They sure seem reliable and are very good looking aswell.
This one has 167.000 US miles on the clock (26900km and I think I made the conversion correctly)

I placed the rock-auto order, paid in totalt $272 with shipping, custom charges, taxes and so on.
If I should have bought that in Sweden you could have doubled the cost.

Nordin

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Awesome, welcome and very nice burb. It seems that the triple round driving lights are standard equipment in Sveden aye ?

makes me think of the line from The Quick and The Dead: “am I really that fast? or is Sweden just a really small place?”

decent movie if you’ve never seen it

Very common here, especially up here in the north, its dark outside from like october to the end of february and alot of animals om the road, moose, deer, rein deers but het the light finally starts coming back

haha yes, thats a good movie! And sweden is just that small