1999 Suburban k1500 - New Remanu Installed, Engine Start Problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

colemalt

Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

It's a good thing you didn't imo. You could of damaged the new flexplate. By the way did you purchase a oem oil pump?
Engine came with a new oil pump, I saved the old one in case since it was working.

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Engine came with a new oil pump, I saved the old one in case since it was working.
That's right. I just hope the hack didnt damage your cam or bearings , when transferring it

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It had started to turn over,
So in the beginning, the starter would spin the crankshaft?

we had to take the oil pump out because the new one wasn't primed and pumping.
Doesn't seem reasonable. But no point in belaboring that point now.

neither starter will turn the engine. Shims aren't doing anything either. There is a sharp grind / ding sound. I have been underneath and the starter is engaging, it's like something is stuck but I then turned the engine manually from the front to make sure it's not seized.
HOW does "neither starter will turn the engine"?

Does the starter motor engage the flywheel and then lock-up? Or does the starter motor engage the flywheel and then the starter will spin without turning the crankshaft?

What is the voltage at the battery with no load, and also when the starter is engaged with the key turned to "Crank"?

How old are the battery cables? Are the battery terminals clean/not corroded? Are BOTH of the cable ends tight ON BOTH ENDS--FOUR PLACES?