1997 C1500 Project

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1998_K1500_Sub

Nitro Junkie
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I picked up a stock 1997

You must be registered for see images attach

Are those OEM 5-bolt wheels (see image View attachment 302203)? I don't recognize them and it looks as though there's a Bowtie™ on the center cap.

What are they, 16"?

If you're looking to sell those bumpers, I know someone who wants them... :)

Last edited:

SAATR

/\___/\___/\___/\___/\
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Are those OEM 5-bolt wheels (see image View attachment 302203)? I don't recognize them and it looks as though there's a Bowtie™ on the center cap.

What are they, 16"?

If you're looking to see those bumpers, I know someone who wants them...

Those are Tahoe Limited wheels. You are correct, 16". I would love to get a set, just tough finding them that aren't hours away or exorbitantly priced for their condition.

oldelpasso

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score

What are they, 16"?

If you're looking to sell those bumpers, I know someone who wants them... :)
Both bumpers are in great condition, and could be for sale. Shipping will be the problem.

oldelpasso

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Those are Tahoe Limited wheels. You are correct, 16". I would love to get a set, just tough finding them that aren't hours away or exorbitantly priced for their condition.
Wheels will be for sale soon. They're in decent B/B- condition. I have the caps. People seem to like them, they're just not what I'm going for on this truck.

oldelpasso

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Got the new carpet kit installed. This one was also ACC, but had the heavy backing and premium plush material. It was much better quality and fit than the first one I bought, which is now going in the trash. I also got a new driver seat cushion and cover installed. That made a huge improvement in the interior of the truck. Everything else is in great shape.

frito-bandito

8 Lugs + 6 Tires + 4 Doors
Reaction score
Thanks guys!

This weekend I pulled out the old, worn, and dirty carpet, and decided to refresh the driver's side bottom seat cushion and cover. The good news is the floor pan looks brand new.

The bad news is I went with the ACC carpet kit, and to be honest I'm not very happy with it. It had some wrinkles and creases that just wouldn't come out no matter how much I steamed them, and the fit wasn't very good at all. Over the trans tunnel near the toe boards was the worst part. I trimmed the carpet down before realizing the fitment problems, so I guess I can't return it at this point. I ordered another brand that supposedly has a more custom fit according to reviews. I'll comment on that once I receive it and lay it in the truck. I also decided to Hush Mat the floor pan while I wait for the new carpet kit. I'll post pictures as I make progress on that project.

First off, nice truck!!! Secondly, I have the same exact issue with my ACC carpet in mine as well

oldelpasso

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Tim! Appreciate that!

Truth be told, I had the second kit installed at an upholstery shop. I was so frustrated with the first one, I decided to let the pro's do the second one. I spent alot more money on it and didn't want to mess with it. Honestly, it was worth every penny. I asked if they had any issues and they said it went in fine, no problems. But that first ACC kit was bad, really bad.

618 Syndicate

You won't...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Clean truck, I like what you've done, and what you have planned.
Those Tahoe Limited wheels are worth some coin to the right buyer, don't give them away for pennies unknowingly.