1997 C1500 Project

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

oldelpasso

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I also started rolling my front fenders in preparation for the drop, and new wheels. I used the Eastwood Fender Roller, which I quickly found out doesn't fit my 5x5 lug pattern. It only goes up to 5x4.75, so I bought a cheap wheel adapter (5x4.75 to 5x5) on eBay, and some short lug nuts at Autozone and it worked like a charm.

This was my first go at rolling fenders. There's a little bit of learning curve using the tool, so the second fender was alot easier than the first. I also forgot the golden rule of keeping the paint warm, so I had a little bit of paint chipping on the first fender. Luckily it was minor and in an unnoticeable spot.

It's probably the last time I'll need to roll fenders for a while, so if anyone wants to borrow my rig shoot me a message. Happy to help the community.

You must be registered for see images attach

MrPink

Bainisteoir Páirteanna
Reaction score
It's amazing what new carpet/floor mats, a new seat cover, and a good upholstery cleaning did for this old truck. It even has the new car smell.

I have to replace the cover on my bench, I am not looking forward to it. Where did you get your seat cover?

johnckhall

GO DAWGS!!!
Reaction score
I got my seat cover, cushion, and carpet kit from https://www.stockinteriors.com/. I had a good experience with ordering through them. My seat cover was spot on.
Thanks for posting that link. I just found the place to get new sun visors now. Nice truck! Same color as mine in my avatar. I'll be posting some pics and progress soon.

oldelpasso

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for posting that link. I just found the place to get new sun visors now. Nice truck! Same color as mine in my avatar. I'll be posting some pics and progress soon.
No problem. I was looking at some visors there too. Kind of pricey, especially if you're adding mirrors. Nice truck by the way!

oldelpasso

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
How far were you able to roll the fenders out and I'm guessing you just did in between you tape marks?
Yeah, between the tape marks was as far as I could get the roller to go. Anything else would probably need to be done with a hammer and dolly. I'm going to wait until I get my wheels to see how things measure up.