1997 C1500 Project

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

oldelpasso

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey All,

I'm brand new to the forum. Checking in from Orange County, Ca. I had a blue 1990 C1500 lowered 5/7 on 17" Boyd Turbo Techs (Avatar pic) when I was a teenager, and always regretted selling it. Feeling a bit nostalgic I picked up a stock 1997 over the weekend, and plan to go with a similar setup. I'll post pics here as things progress with the build.

You must be registered for see images attach

-OldElPasso

tpass

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
we always regret the ones that got away... cool project and always jealous of the west coast cars

oldelpasso

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks guys!

I took on a couple of driveway projects this weekend. I installed a smooth front bumper, and roll pan. All will be painted in a couple of weeks or so.

Last edited:

oldelpasso

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I found some bad body work during the roll pan installation. The bottom right quarter must have been hit at some point, because it was pushed in about 1/2" and covered up with bondo. I ended up using a body hammer to get it to line up with the contour of the roll pan, but did some damage to the paint in the process. I still need to figure out how to fasten the lower part of the pan. I may need to build some type of bracket, or strut to hold it in place. Any recommendations will be appreciated!

oldelpasso

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I couldn't find a good place to fasten the bottom of my roll pan to keep it in place. It seemed like some guys were able to use screws and go right into the fender lip, but mine didn't have enough metal there to work with. I had some time and material in my garage so I fabbed up some quick struts. The last picture is the struts painted and installed.

Last edited: