1995 K1500 5.7 TBI Intake Manifold?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is going to be a whole lot of time, money, effort, and enthusiasm to gain an engine smaller than, and approximately as gutless as a worn-out 305.

I suggest re-thinking the entire project.

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Get the GMPP LT1 dual plane, TBI adapter plate and use the TBI distributor to eliminate the optispark. Did that on a 350 LT1 in a 95 years ago. It will need some changes to the chip tuning but both the L99 4.3L and 350 TBI make the same ~200 HP. The fueling at WOT thus will be similar. Idle might be a bit rich without some tuning changes.

City-Slikker

Reaction score
Get the GMPP LT1 dual plane, TBI adapter plate and use the TBI distributor to eliminate the optispark. Did that on a 350 LT1 in a 95 years ago. It will need some changes to the chip tuning but both the L99 4.3L and 350 TBI make the same ~200 HP. The fueling at WOT thus will be similar. Idle might be a bit rich without some tuning changes.
Right on thank you

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Forgive the electrical mess the truck was a electrical mess since ive owned it.
You must be registered for see images attach
Curious where the water feed to the thermostat, and from there to the radiator, is gonna come from. No coolant passages in the heads up there?

Richard

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
$450+ :oops: for the intake alone.

Richard

tayto

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
the gm qjet to tbi adapter has provisions to run coolant in it. probably wouldn't be a bad idea on the unheated intakes of a gen2?

98 Nitro

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
the gm qjet to tbi adapter has provisions to run coolant in it. probably wouldn't be a bad idea on the unheated intakes of a gen2?
The big block TBI one? That would be a good idea.
$450+ :oops: for the intake alone.

Richard
Look at the price of the Vortec TBI one. $650, though like Max says you can find them on Marketplace/Craigslist for less than half those new prices. BTW A brand new crate TBI or Vortec engine from GM is $4500.

tayto

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

Look at the price of the Vortec TBI one. $650, though like Max says you can find them on Marketplace/Craigslist for less than half those new prices. BTW A brand new crate TBI or Vortec engine from GM is $4500.
yea the BB one. about 15 years ago i had 2 of those GM vortec TBI intakes, I think i sold them for $200 canadian each....

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score

I'm sure prices have gone up a bit in the past years but I used to sell good running TBI 5.7's from air cleaner to oil pan for $500-$650 (w/accessories), shown running before removal. What OP has is a 4.3 V8 with a steep hill of challenges to climb and is only alleged to be rebuilt. If it was my truck I'd be engine shopping, but I do understand one's desire to solve the problem in front of them instead of chucking it.

Richard