1995 K1500 5.7 TBI Intake Manifold?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

City-Slikker

Reaction score
Update:
So I debated getting another TBI 350 to put back in it but decided just go through with making the baby lt1 run. So i ordered a carbureted dual plane intake and edelbrock 600cfm 4bbl carb with a proform HEI distributor from JEGS. The truck has been my dailey driver since ive gotten it running and driving again.

Attachments

• IMG_20240225_121740952~2.jpg
    IMG_20240225_121740952~2.jpg
    348.5 KB · Views: 6

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Update:
So I debated getting another TBI 350 to put back in it but decided just go through with making the baby lt1 run. So i ordered a carbureted dual plane intake and edelbrock 600cfm 4bbl carb with a proform HEI distributor from JEGS. The truck has been my dailey driver since ive gotten it running and driving again.
Those little L99 265s are no slouch. The one Richard Holdener dyno tested was hurt and it still made decent power. Power wise on par with the 350 TBI? How is the fuel mileage? I know that little 3" stroke V8 probably wants to sing in the RPMs to really get the truck moving but with the 3" stroke and 5.94" rods they love RPM.

Moofus02

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Its about the same mpg as the 5.7 TBI. Also i have seen his video of the L99 he dyno tested and couldnt believe how similar in power it was with the 350.
Congrats on getting it going. I've got a few dumb questions I haven't figured out.
You bought this with the l99 not running?
What trans do you have and how is it controlled if this is a 95 it should be electronic if it's an auto.
Final question is what accessories are you running on front of motor? Is the ac down low and you're not using ac? And what are you doing for a fan? Thanks and glad you got it going and updating us

City-Slikker

Reaction score
The L99 came out of a running 1995 Caprice i owned. The truck has the 4l60e trans. I used the accessory drive and cooling fans from the Caprice. I am using a bypass pulley in place of the AC. On the caprice the AC compressor is down low unlike on the corvettes. Also Im using the trucks original ECM to control the trans and transfercase, 4WD.

Moofus02

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The L99 came out of a running 1995 Caprice i owned. The truck has the 4l60e trans. I used the accessory drive and cooling fans from the Caprice. I am using a bypass pulley in place of the AC. On the caprice the AC compressor is down low unlike on the corvettes. Also Im using the trucks original ECM to control the trans and transfercase, 4WD.
Did your caprice have just electric fans or the optional mechanical fan also?