1995 K1500 5.7 TBI Intake Manifold?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Sounds like it, but tough to say without more info.

I think I'd cut my losses and get a TBI 350 to put in there. Lots less headache and money involved in getting the truck running correctly again.

Richard
Absolutely agree 101% on just swapping a 5.7 back in. Hopefully he comes back and gives us an answer, and a opportunity to talk some sense into him. Or at least discuss a swap for a LS, not some crazy motor nobody knows about.
But I'm also the guy thinking about putting a 3rd gen Hemi in mine!!! Lol

City-Slikker

Reaction score
Yes unfortunately the truck had the 4.3 V8 with its stock intake for the caprice. I found out The 5.7 TBI intake fits. Im doing away the the optispark ignition and intake and fuel injection sytem back to what would be right for the truck

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Well, this is a completely out-of-left-field guess but I'll bet the 5.7 TBI setup (injectors, throttle body, PCM tuning) on top of the 4.3 V8 long block - might deliver too much fuel. Possibly the injectors and tune from a 4.3 V6 truck might be more appropriate, but I really don't know. You're a bit in uncharted territory here.

Richard

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well, I'm definitely intrigued now. This is kinda neat, not a normal swap by any means. Post up some pics so we can see this little fella nestled in the engine bay. I certainly hope that you can get this sorted out so you don't give up on it and send it down the road for someone else to figure out. You will definitely have people talking down at the ice cream parlor with that swap.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Well, I'm definitely intrigued now. This is kinda neat, not a normal swap by any means. Post up some pics so we can see this little fella nestled in the engine bay. I certainly hope that you can get this sorted out so you don't give up on it and send it down the road for someone else to figure out. You will definitely have people talking down at the ice cream parlor with that swap.
Physical size-wise they aren't small; they look like any other small block V8. They look exactly like an LT1 from the 90's. :) Including the triangle "home plate" air intake resonator box. When shopping 94-96 B-Body Caprices, you have to be careful you're not getting an L99 car being falsely represented as an LT1.

You must be registered for see images attach

Richard

98 Nitro

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Gm performance parts has a 2nd generation SBC intake for carb/HEI I'd use that or stick with the Caprice setup rather than a big headache.

City-Slikker

Reaction score
The ECMs are different the caprice has the 0411 style with 4 connectors red, blue, clear and black and the original from the truck connectors are red, and blue. I wanted a challenge with this truck i dont plan on sending it off i will post some pictures of my progress since ive owned it

City-Slikker

Reaction score
Forgive the electrical mess the truck was a electrical mess since ive owned it.

Attachments

• DC5E0F81-FDB3-476E-ADE4-A35326226898.jpeg
    DC5E0F81-FDB3-476E-ADE4-A35326226898.jpeg
    231.3 KB · Views: 7