1995 K1500 5.7 TBI Intake Manifold?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Longer answer, the L99 is a LS motor. Nothing in common with a 5.7 other than they burn gasoline and have oil in them. Completely different motor family.

City-Slikker

Reaction score
I think your thinking of the 6.2L V8 L99's. The 4.3 V8 L99 is a "baby" LT1 and is in the same engine family as the LT1

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That's definitely what I was thinking.lol
I'm definitely not smart enough to definitively answer that!!!

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I think the real question is "why?" - what's your goal here? The L99 is an SFI engine, why would you put a TBI intake on it, even if you could?

Some people forget the L99 4.3 V8 even existed, as it only appeared in a few years of the B-body Caprice and wasn't well-received. Kind of like a neutered LT1..

Richard

City-Slikker

Reaction score
My goal here is to make less a pain of that whoever before me messed up. The truck doesnt run with the intake setup and ecm that i bought with it. I have a tbi intake and tbi ecm. I dont think I will get a definitive answer on here but thank you for your informative input

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My goal here is to make less a pain of that whoever before me messed up. The truck doesnt run with the intake setup and ecm that i bought with it. I have a tbi intake and tbi ecm. I dont think I will get a definitive answer on here but thank you for your informative input
So are you saying someone already swapped the L99 into your truck???
Or is this something you want to do?

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
So are you saying someone already swapped the L99 into your truck???
Or is this something you want to do?
Sounds like it, but tough to say without more info.

I think I'd cut my losses and get a TBI 350 to put in there. Lots less headache and money involved in getting the truck running correctly again.

Richard