1994 GMC K2500 light duty

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

96-1500

Bluenoser
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Well that might have something to do with my lack of power... see the honey comb looking stuff inside that pipe? Cut it apart and found converter guts plugging up a couple parts of the exhaust.

Sent from somewhere between here and there

96-1500

Bluenoser
Reaction score
New donut gaskets, gutted what was left of the cat and cut off the rest of the exhaust. Put on 3" back to the old Dynomax I ran on big blue, with a nice tip. Power difference is like night and day. Smoked my tires in 2nd gear by accident, I was surprised. She works amazing and sounds pretty decent too. A little rumble at idle, nice deep rumble accelerating and nearly silent when cruising (you can hear it if the radio is off, but it's nice and quiet).

Picking up a set of 285s this week.

96-1500

Bluenoser
Reaction score
Since I haven't gotten new rims yet, and was tired of looking at my half ugly grey and half rust coloured ones, I shot a few quickie coats of gloss black at 'em. Not perfect, not permanent, but IMO much better than before and it'll do for now so I don't want to puke every time I look at my wheels.

Also said "screw it" and painted my hubcaps flat black.

Painted the tailgate and back bumper. Ran out of the paint for the gate so the colour looks a little off, but I'll fix that.

Looking at those pics now, I'm starting to think more about a flat black grille. Not sure yet.

Otherwise, that's just about it for what I'm doing to the body. The mirrors and wiper arms could use some paint, the top box sides need to be repainted (or bed-lined), as does the inside of the box. The crappy plow rigging will come off the front, and tow hooks with valence will be installed. Also going to throw on a reese hitch I have kicking around once I get 'er cleaned up.

96-1500

Bluenoser
Reaction score
Filled her up today for the first time, $157. I'll be calculating my mileage. I'm shooting for 15. Anything over and above would be a major bonus. My ultimate goal down the road is to get close to 20, but we'll see how that works out.

Incidentally, filling the tank appears to have unstuck the fuel gauge. Hopefully it stays working.

Also took apart the blower motor and cleaned it out, it was making an annoying whine. With the relatively quiet exhaust when cruising, every little squeak and rattle from the cab has been driving me nuts. So I've been slowly tracking down and fixing them.

All in all, she's working well, save a bad starter solenoid the other day. Fortunately had a spare complete starter, just had to get it running to get home. No big deal.

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
I like the truck! Paint the grille black and color match the emblem

96-1500

Bluenoser
Reaction score
I like the truck! Paint the grille black and color match the emblem

Thanks. I was kinda thinking that, or black GMC. I dunno though. I'm trying to find a grille in better shape, then I can experiment on this one.

96-1500

Bluenoser
Reaction score
Detailed the interior. Excuse the mud from my boots. Kind of inevitable this time of year.

96-1500

Bluenoser
Reaction score
Kicking myself for not saving the split 60/40 bench seat with the flip down console out of my 96. Having trouble finding anything.

Anyways, last tank of gas I got 13.5 mpg. Hoped for a little better but the weather and the way I've been driving I think I can get upwards of 15.