1994 GMC K2500 light duty

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

96-1500

Bluenoser
Reaction score
Since I sold my blue truck, I've been driving this one every day. Got the bodywork just about finished, still need to paint the tailgate and touch up the rocker guard in a few spots. Put new headlights in and adjusted them properly, and I'm amazed at the output. Much better than I remember these style lights being. They will be staying. I'm loving the work truck grille. And I don't care what anyone else thinks of it! :rofl:

(sorry for crap phone pics)

You must be registered for see images attach

Looking at tire/wheel options now...I'd like 285s (currently almost worn out 245s), and as for wheels, unsure. I want stock sawblade aluminums, but they're hard to get in any kind of shape.

Mechanically, the truck is pretty decent. The motor, though old and probably tired, seems to run pretty darned well for 20 years old. I had a problem with a malfunctioning 4x4 switch (on the transfer case) not engaging sometimes, and then other times engaging the front axle when I was driving down the road in 2wd. A couple nips of the wires and a toggle switch on the dash fixed that, and bonus, now I have 2wd low. Great for pulling heavy on pavement, especially where this 305 TBI/3.73s isn't even in the same league as my old 350 Vortec/4.10s I had. Not even remotely close; I've had to rethink the way I haul/drive.

dirtridinz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The truck is looking good! I'll try and keep an eye out around here for some decent saw blade wheels. Tired of the cold l temps and snow yet?

96-1500

Bluenoser
Reaction score
The truck is looking good! I'll try and keep an eye out around here for some decent saw blade wheels. Tired of the cold l temps and snow yet?

Thanks. Please do, let me know if you find something. I was out working on it today...got some taillight wiring fixed, and that's all my hands could take of that cold. It's been a rough winter eh?

SCOTTYINWV

si vis pacem, para bellum
Reaction score
Digging the truck! If you don't mind steel wheels, I got mine off summit for $224 shipped to my door. They are great and give you a good aggressive stance. They stick out about 2" more than saw blades. Mine are with 265s.

96-1500

Bluenoser
Reaction score
Those are nice looking rims! The worst of it is the shipping to Canada and duty charges...always crazy expensive.

Sent from somewhere between here and there

96-1500

Bluenoser
Reaction score
Nice day, had to run to town for supplies, so I hit the carwash

SCOTTYINWV

si vis pacem, para bellum
Reaction score
She cleans up nice. Have you thought about doing the grill to match the rockers and flares?

96-1500

Bluenoser
Reaction score
She cleans up nice. Have you thought about doing the grill to match the rockers and flares?

Thanks. I've thought about it...I was kind of thinking about going on the lookout for a grille that's in better shape (this one, the grey is all flaked), so if I do I could experiment.

I do happen to have a Chev w/t grille that's been kicking around in my basement for years. Maybe I could paint it black, and put it on to see how it looks. If I like it, I could do the GMC that way (it's staying GMC one way or the other)...