1994 GMC K2500 light duty

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

96-1500

Bluenoser
Reaction score
Built a jack adapter out of a 2x12 and a couple 4x4s, bolted it to my floor jack and pulled the tranny. Had a bit of a battle but all in all she went pretty decently.

You must be registered for see images attach

Now I just need a couple tools I don't have and apart she comes.

96-1500

Bluenoser
Reaction score
Split the tranny open yesterday. Had to get a little creative but it came apart pretty easy.

Aaaaand she's screwed. End gear on the countershaft is all chewed up and marred up some of the other gears as well. Surprised it didn't actually grenade.

Raining now, didn't get any better pics of the carnage, but I'll post them up when I do.

Resume NV4500 hunt...

chrmar

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure the tank in my dad's old plow truck is still good. He'd probably let you have it for some Moose Light. ;)

96-1500

Bluenoser
Reaction score
Unfortunately no updates. I'm going to have to go to Quebec to get a transmission. Waiting on funds pretty much. And Chris...I may be interested. I'll let you know. Thanks!

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

chrmar

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I also got another line on a guy in Welsford that has a few 400s for parts. He might have a transmission, might not, never know. Going to try and head up there sometime.

96-1500

Bluenoser
Reaction score
I also got another line on a guy in Welsford that has a few 400s for parts. He might have a transmission, might not, never know. Going to try and head up there sometime.

Interesting. Let me know what the scoop is. There's a couple other things I'm looking for too, maybe we should meet up down there or something.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

96-1500

Bluenoser
Reaction score

Will ya look at that now...

That's an NV3500 and NP241 out of a '94 K1500 4.3 shorty. I know the bellhousing has a chunk out of it. If I'll can't patch it I'll pull it apart and swap the front half of the case from my old tranny. This one was quiet, shifted nice, and had good looking fluid.

Also got pretty well everything else I needed off the parts truck to finish mine, including a few extra goodies.

Unless something comes up I should have this thing on the road by next weekend.

96-1500

Bluenoser
Reaction score
Well, it runs. Worked into the night in the fairly considerable amount of snow and got er put together.
No 4x4 so I wasn't going too far, and it is running pretty rough. It needs a tune up desperately.

Shifted nice, held gears, and the clutch didn't feel too bad. Gonna pick up some parts and hopefully get this thing wrapped up before long

Sent from somewhere between here and there