The Doghouse. 1994 K2500 RCLB.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KansasOBS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That nylon line is pretty tough stuff. I went with just cheap stainless braided PTFE line on my truck, the old lines were fairly solid, but just too dirty.

One thing to think about on these, is that with the way fuels are nowadays the nylon stuff could save you some money in the long run. Even if you were to replace with steel, they are still built with rubber line where they need to stay flexible. They will start eroding away, and that goes into the injectors, because some of it is downstream from the filter.

The evap hoses above the tank on my F150 had started to deteriorate years back, and when I did a fuel pump the fuel that was in the tank was black from the rubber. It was a daily driver.

RichLo

E I E I O
Reaction score
Do you have any experience ordering parts from Storks or am I likely better off dealing locally for meyer parts?

Yea, I've gotten some things through Storkes. They have anything you'll need but they are still online so anything that you might need order first and keep them in your glovebox. My local places sometimes sell out of common items after big snow storms (solenoids, switches, etc). I like to keep repair items on hand when I can.

I think you really scored! Thats an E60 pump so you have the best valve body Meyers offered. You can convert it to an H model if you ever need to replace the lift ram and cylinder. Those pumps go for $1000 easy when rebuilt and spray painted.

Plus probably an NV4500 too! Big time score! Congrats!

termite

Definitely NOT Awesome
Reaction score
rebuilt and spray painted.

Plus probably an NV4500 too!
I had hoped to get the pump rebuilt yesterday while it was in the 50s here and my wife was off. Alas, I wound up with some kind of flu bug that had me laid up from Sunday through today.

I'm fairly certain its got the NV4500 in it. I've got an itch to get it fired off and make some decisions on fix it up or part it out.

RichLo

E I E I O
Reaction score
How much room do you have to store it? If you can keep it as a dedicated plow truck, just maintain it and keep your suburban as a family hauler. You can get away with a lot more on a dedicated plow truck over switching the plow to the burb... Like more weight in the bed, tire chains on all 4 corners, lincoln-locker in the rear, 'farm fixes' vs real fixes, etc. lol.

termite

Definitely NOT Awesome
Reaction score
How much room do you have to store it? If you can keep it as a dedicated plow truck, just maintain it and keep your suburban as a family hauler. You can get away with a lot more on a dedicated plow truck over switching the plow to the burb... Like more weight in the bed, tire chains on all 4 corners, lincoln-locker in the rear, 'farm fixes' vs real fixes, etc. lol.
I've got enough room to park it but wouldn't be able to get the boss on board with keeping it here just for a plow truck. If it stays, it'll have to be road legal. Most likely, she'd want the burb to leave if it stays (she gets motion sick and hates riding in the burb).

RichLo

E I E I O
Reaction score
Oh bummer. Your burb will have the bumper bracket with pump on year-around if you switch everything over to it. And you'll want to remove the plow whenever you go anywhere longer than a run to town... not hard but still a hassle when its cold.

termite

Definitely NOT Awesome
Reaction score
Your burb will have the bumper bracket with pump on year-around if you switch everything over to it.
This mount has two pins to let the hoop/pump pull off, which I'll make use of in the warmer months. Realistically, I dont foresee myself having the plow hanging on it unless snow is imminent. In any case, the burb doesn't venture far from home.

Road Trip

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
More I think about it, the more I want to make it a chore truck.

I'm with @fancyTBI on this one - a plain Jane 8-lugger makes for an excellent,
no excuses needed chore truck.

You own the truck...the truck doesn't own you. The very definition of a
carefree driving experience. I see a lot of trucks & barely notice them...but
a righteous chore truck always stands out proud & garners my deep respect.
:)

Last edited: