1994 GMC K2500 light duty

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

96-1500

Bluenoser
Reaction score
Green machine got some long overdue maintenance today...

You must be registered for see images attach

Also got a nice steering wheel for it:

(sorry for crappy cell pics)

Took her for a proper test drive, ran pretty well. Even with a standard behind it, the 5.0 TBI is a light year behind the 5.7 Vortec I've been used to driving for the past almost 3 years. Not really breaking news, I know, and I commented on it's lack of power before, but even after a tune up she's still almost surprisingly gutless. It won't even get out of it's own way.

However, I'll live with it since I'm not looking for a race truck. And please, don't tell me to swap vortec heads, new intake, custom tune, cat back exhaust.....just don't. It's a 20 year old throttle body 305 with 300'000 kms. I'll get my power when I do my whippled big block swap.

:lol:

96-1500

Bluenoser
Reaction score
Thoroughly cleaned the interior after I got my shifters hooked back up, and put my seat cover and floor mats in I got out of the tranny donor truck.

If I had my way I would have just a 95+ 60/40 split bench in mint condition with no cover and a more plain set of mats, but hey, these were free. Not really my style, but better than nothing.

Also found this gem in the glovebox:

Is that cool, or is that cool?

96-1500

Bluenoser
Reaction score

Now looking at it with the box back on, she really needs a set of 285s.

96-1500

Bluenoser
Reaction score
Thanks!

So I decided to try out some rocker guard today...it's pretty forgiving stuff when it comes to prep. It'll stick to almost anything, and covers up all kinds of imperfections. And considering that no matter what I put on the truck it's going to get beat up anyways, I think it looks pretty darned good! I had to mock up a fender flare on there too, just to see how it'd look.

All in all, I'm happy, and can't wait to see how the rest of the truck looks when it's done. This gives a pretty good idea though.

EDIT: I also found a set of original sawblade aluminum rims, and think I'll be running 265/75R16 Kelly Safari TSRs for now.

Last edited:

96-1500

Bluenoser
Reaction score
I know this thread moves at the speed of slug, but even slugs make some progress, right?

Dug her out of the snowbank she was sitting in for the last 2 months. Brought 'er down to my friend avec le welder, got the bodywork just about all shored up.

Nearly there.

Suburban1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I like the black fender flares and rocker guard....goes well with the color of the truck.

96-1500

Bluenoser
Reaction score
I like the black fender flares and rocker guard....goes well with the color of the truck.

Thanks. The colour is just too '90s to change. I was going to paint it, but it's grown on me. Same way as the interior, I hated it at first, but nostalgia for old farm trucks has turned me to love it.