1994 GMC K2500 light duty

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

96-1500

Bluenoser
Reaction score
Threw on a set of tow hooks and a Reese hitch the other day, and also built a new wiring harness for the taillights. Took a couple hours but was well worth it.

You must be registered for see images attach

Nice little 3/8 impact I just picked up. Loving it so far

Rats nest

Time for some soldering

Just before she went in

For fun here's a shot of the Saint John River here, crossing the ferry. Ice is starting to break up a bit.

Ordered a brand new set of Kelly Safari TSR 265s yesterday. Should be here this week!

Sent from somewhere between here and there

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
Looksin good man! Still think you should paint the grille!

96-1500

Bluenoser
Reaction score
Looksin good man! Still think you should paint the grille!

Thanks! I'm going to when I get a replacement. Might even try colour matched logo, not sure.

Jumped on a set of original sawblade aluminums in MINT condition. I was extremely excited to find them as they're exactly what I've been searching for with no luck. Had to buy them with the tires I didn't want, but I can sell them as they have decent tread.

Before

After

96-1500

Bluenoser
Reaction score
Got my new Kelly Safari TSRs on

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
Lucky to find those rims in that kind of shape in the Maritimes.

Just an FYI: that rocker guard will eventually go gray colored if left exposed.

You can either paint it (assuming it's the crappy tire rubberized stuff) or just reapply right over the old stuff when the time comes.

MYT HI

LOUD AND PROUD
Reaction score
That really looks good with those rims!

Sent from my 350 TBI powered iPhone

96-1500

Bluenoser
Reaction score
Lucky to find those rims in that kind of shape in the Maritimes.

Just an FYI: that rocker guard will eventually go gray colored if left exposed.

You can either paint it (assuming it's the crappy tire rubberized stuff) or just reapply right over the old stuff when the time comes.

Yes, they're a rare find. Paid $125 for them, I actually found them the day after they came up for sale and drove almost 3 hours round trip to Petitcodiac to pick them up. Worth it IMO.

Thanks for the tip about the rocker guard. I'll keep that in mind.

That really looks good with those rims!

Sent from my 350 TBI powered iPhone

Lookin good man!

That thing looks sweet! Keep up the good work!

Thanks fellers! Other than something happening with the grille and LOTS of small cosmetic repair I've more or less got the truck how I pictured it a year ago. Not sure what I'll do to it this summer but I'm sure I'll find something to pick away at... Wouldn't want to get bored with the truck!

The day after washing and detailing it I went out and got it dirty. Spring dirt roads for ya

Also bought a $9 can of Tremclad and painted the inside of the bed. Did the same thing to my old K1500, just touch it up once a year or so and you're good.

96-1500

Bluenoser
Reaction score
Got some goodies, Z71-ish front diff and transfer case skids, and front splash guard.

Personally I've never drove over a rock in just the right way to damage my diff or TC, but hey, I had these, and it's nice to know they're there, just in case.

Also, in chasing a code 44 (lean) for the past couple weeks I said screw it, and threw in a new o2. Here's a pic of the old, mid-removal. Believe it or not, that came out without heat. Quite the job though.

I also threw on a new pcv and fuel filter because...well, because I could. Why not. Anyways, I'm hesitant to call it "fixed", since the SES light was intermittent, but two days and nothing yet...so fingers crossed that cured it. Does seem to idle a touch smoother and throttle response is a tad snappier (possibly just in my head, telling me it did something), dunno about mileage yet. I would expect it's a little better, since I'm guessing that was the original o2.