1994 GMC K2500 light duty

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
Mine is primarily a road pounder and I have the full aluminum skidplate package.

I've had to run over gators (blown semi tires) and pieces of wood/whatnot on highways many times.

Never taken one in the undercarriage when I straddle them (truck is high enough), but I want those skid plates protecting the vital stuff if I ever do catch one.

Actually, the front diff plate has a huge dent in it and it's a little twisted out of shape. I didn't do it, but it's done it's job for one of the two PO.

First owner was a pavement pounder like me (slide in and towed a boat), second was a duck hunter so maybe there....

Last edited:

96-1500

Bluenoser
Reaction score
Mine is primarily a road pounder and I have the full aluminum skidplate package.

I've had to run over gators (blown semi tires) and pieces of wood/whatnot on highways many times.

Never taken one in the undercarriage when I straddle them (truck is high enough), but I want those skid plates protecting the vital stuff if I ever do catch one.

Actually, the front diff plate has a huge dent in it and it's a little twisted out of shape. I didn't do it, but it's done it's job for one of the two PO.

First owner was a pavement pounder like me (slide in and towed a boat), second was a duck hunter so maybe there....

So what you're telling me is, always wear protection?

:)

Sent from somewhere between here and there

dirtridinz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The truck is looking good with the new tires and wheels, a very hard find on the wheels too and not a bad price, besides the drive.

How are you liking the TSR's? I did pick those ones up that I sent you the link too, ended up meeting the guy in town so never got to check out the wheels.

Hows the flooding down your way?

96-1500

Bluenoser
Reaction score
The truck is looking good with the new tires and wheels, a very hard find on the wheels too and not a bad price, besides the drive.

How are you liking the TSR's? I did pick those ones up that I sent you the link too, ended up meeting the guy in town so never got to check out the wheels.

Hows the flooding down your way?

Thanks. I like them quite a bit. Ran the same tires on big blue and liked them. They seem to have a pretty long life and good traction all in one. Couldn't be happier.

Flooding is going strong. Luckily no considerable damage in Gagetown but I've been down pumping the water out of local basements through the night. Sussex is pretty bad eh. Lots of damage down there.

96-1500

Bluenoser
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Finally got around to throwing some new shocks on the front. Canadian tire had some decent Monroes on sale for about 50 bucks each. Takes the New Brunswick spring roads a bit smoother now.

96-1500

Bluenoser
Reaction score
Had to get a pic

A friend of mine dug me up this way cool '94 sales brochure. I'm gonna take some better pics and post them all up in a separate thread sometime soon

96-1500

Bluenoser
Reaction score
Been awhile since I've updated the thread. Haven't really done much other than a couple little things...been running the old girl pretty steady, racking up the kilometers.

This did happen though...

Trailer came unhooked backing it around the dooryard. Pretty stupid and made me wanna cry.

Found this gem for free at my local yard

Painted er up

Not too bad considering I'm not much at bodywork. I still need to paint the handle and letters

In more exciting news, bought a parts truck today.

It's a diesel, but I'm more interested in what's bolted to the back of the motor...updates soon

96-1500

Bluenoser
Reaction score

Yes sir. I've been looking forever for one and this parts truck popped up in the north of the province up in potato country (about 2 hours away). Buddy had it for a woods truck, brake line blew and he decided to sell it. I saw the ad and jumped.