1992 Silverado gmt400

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

countryboy17

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hi I’m trying to figure out if I can use Bosch icon on 1992 Silverado 2500
They’re 18 in blades at the store
It says 18A 18B 18OE

which ones will fit?

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I just Googled it, the "A" blades are always for the driver's side. Certain vehicles call for a "B" blade on the passenger side, they have a different curvature. The "OE" blades appear to be identical to the "A" blades except they have different attachment methods. Bosch recommends the 18A for both driver and passenger side on these trucks.

That said, I wouldn't waste your money. I ran Icons on my trucks years ago and was not impressed at all, especially for the price. They started to chatter across the glass pretty quickly and wore out fast.

countryboy17

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Turns out the older gmt 400 are the pin style and not the hook the 18A are the newer gmt400s my 1992 is the pin style

Last edited:

DerekTheGreat

Forum Regular
Reaction score
Go to a "treasure" yard and pick up the later style wiper arms from a later GMT400 anything. They're a direct swap and you can run the newer style blades.

I don't mind the Rainx wiper blades I put on my truck. No chatter and two years so far. I had Icons like df2x4 and they chattered and were trash after about a year, much like his experience.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Turns out the older gmt 400 are the pin style and not the hook the 18A are the newer gmt400s my 1992 is the pin style

Sorry about this, I completely forgot that the early GMT400 wiper arms had a different attachment method. I was looking up a later truck when I Googled them. Apparently Bosch doesn't make an Icon that's compatible with the earlier trucks.