1990 GMC Sierra Street/Strip Build.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BruiserCruiser

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So... I went up to drop the driveshaft off, and they said that our driveshafts are more expensive shorten because you have to replace the yoke... so it was going to be closure to 180ish... more than I wanted to spend on a driveshaft that's not going to be used very long. Does anybody know of a driveshaft that is 51" from center of u-joint to center of u-joint? lol

I looked online and thought a nbs reg cab short bed 4wd would be the right length, but that measurement INCLUDE up to the end of the spline. Of course I forgot to bring my tape measure, so I bought a driveshaft that ended up being to short... go figure!

Anyways, at pick n pull not only did I grab a driveshaft that wouldnt fit, but I grabbed a taurus 2 speed e-fan, an engine cover (for 5.3, couldn't find a 6.0 one), and a few pig tails that I need. I was wanted to grab a stock battery cable, but for some reason pick n pull had all their truck on the ground, and most didn't have tires. It was a pain in the....

Then I went to oriellys and got a battery/starter cable, a new lower radiator hose (pick n pull cut all theirs - ERR), a trans mount, some heater hose, and some clamps.

I should have everything I need to start/move the truck other than the driveshaft.

I'm going to go to a different yard and see if I can find a decent carpet, if not I'll order a new one. I also need a back window. Anybody around Sullivan Mo have a parts truck?

BruiserCruiser

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So, if you ls swap a obs 2wd shortbed and need a 51ish” driveshaft (center of u-joint to center of u-joint), an 02 trailblazer with a 113” wheel base, 4.2 6 cyl, 2wd driveshaft is your ticket. Just swap on your yoke.

MrPink

Bainisteoir Páirteanna
Reaction score
Why an 8.8? Get a 9" from an 80-85 F150, they are 65" in width which is almost perfect for our trucks. And then get axles made for 5x5 BP, and then do a rear disc setup or drill the drums for 5x5.

I'm going to quote myself as I am genuinely curious why your going 8.8 instead of anything else?

BruiserCruiser

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Sent the computer to Brendon at LT1Swap.com to get the vats shut off and a base tune.

I also ordered a fuse/relay box from ebay. Hoping they both get here sometime next week so I can actually hear this thing run for more than a few seconds.

BruiserCruiser

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Alright, got a bunch of parts in, enough to get the truck moving around on it’s on power this weekend… hopefully! New heater hoses, power steering lines, mass air, o2 sensors, trans cooler, steam port adapter, Efan, etc…

MrPink

Bainisteoir Páirteanna
Reaction score
I'll probably have Brendon give my truck a base tune as I don't have the bench harness yet nor HP tuners. But i deleted a ton of stuff for my swap and i am not using an Electronic controlled trans either(TH400) so none of the Transmission Parameters need to be there.