1990 GMC Sierra Street/Strip Build.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BruiserCruiser

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I found this on market place. The guy had it listed as non-running, and he wanted 800 bucks for it. He said it was a rust free Florida truck, Which was the part that caught my attention.

I went and looked at it, it was overall a little rough, but a good canvas. I offered the guy 500 bucks, and after a bit of thought, he accepted....

I got the title, and the next day I went back and got the truck with the help of my cousin - thanks Josh!

When I got the truck home, I decided to try getting it running just for the heck of it... After looking it over, I found it wasn't getting any fire, but was getting fuel... tracked the problem down to a bad coil. Once I replaced the coil, it fired right up, but ran rough.. I took it for a spin around the block and the transmission shifted great... I'm pretty the issue was a bad ecm, but I'll never know for sure.

As much as I wanted to tinker with the 4.3 to get it running better, it didn’t make any sense to spend any real time or money to do so, because I bought the truck to ls swap....

So I'm going to keep track of cost to build this truck. I'm not going to count consumables like shop towels, cleaning products, etc.... I have a lot of mustang parts that I'm trying to trade for things like gauges, mufflers, etc. I'll assign a value to those parts and add them as well.

TRUCK: $500

Rally Wheels: $100, but since I would of had to buy tires for the black truck, I'm charging the $100 bucks to the black truck build. It was was a even trade/Freebie.

Wheel Paint/Supply: $7 For paint - $5 for primer. Total $12

Total thus far $512 bucks

Last edited:

BruiserCruiser

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Here's the pics from his for sale ad. The body is decently straight, no huge dents, but are are lots of little dings and scratches. Pretty average a truck of its year. The paint has flaws, but isn't peeling off anywhere that I have noticed, it should buff out and make a decent 10-20 footer.... The main thing is, the truck is RUST FREE!!!!

The interior needs some help to, but it shouldn't be to bad getting it squared away.

You must be registered for see images attach

BruiserCruiser

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So this truck had some pretty good tires on it, so I robbed the wheels and tires off this truck and tossed them on my daily driver (89 sierra.) Then it came to the point where I needed to roll this truck around, so I hopped on market place and found a set of rally wheels with good tires on them for 100 bucks.... score!

Before tossing the rally wheels on, I needed to paint them. Originally I was going to paint them silver, but last minute I changed my mind and painted them gold. I then "polished" up the center caps and beauty rings to finish them off... I still don't know how I feel about the gold, but I'm going to rock them for now... They look better in person then they do the pics.

BruiserCruiser

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So I could move the truck around again, which meant one thing.... It took me about 3.5 hours to slap the wheels on and pull the motor and trans... and that's with stopping to running and get subway and dropping it off to my wife who who had to work.

IGNORE THE MESSY SHOP....

BruiserCruiser

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Next step is to pull the bed, and then push the truck outside to power wash the engine bay and frame... and then the daunting task of painting those... Then I'll start on the suspension, and changing out the fuel pump...