1989 looking for fuel pump suggestions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rico387

Reaction score
I put an EP381 in my 1989 K1500. It works like it’s supposed to. While I was at it, I got a 20% coupon from jc whitney, so I threw in a new tank and replaced the straps & hardware with new stuff. Hopefully, we’ll be okay for another 30 years.

CrustyJunker

Is STILL Here?
Reaction score
He's right. I believe it's a little W-shaped clamp that holds them down. I'm familiar because I lost mine years ago pulling the engine. So far no issues. :roflsquared:

1989k2500

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here is a quick update. My ep381 fuel pump failed after less than 3 months.
Symptom was the obvious no fuel at the fuel filter and no fuel at the fuel pump connector. The fuel pump did engage with key turned as it was supposed to. Closer inspection showed that the pump did indeed pump fuel but the fuel did not exit out of the top, but rather on the side where a spring and I guess some over pressure is located?
I was hopping that the rubber hose between pump and hardline has failed, but that was not the case here.
So I bought a new pump.
You must be registered for see images attach

man-a-fre

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Here is a quick update. My ep381 fuel pump failed after less than 3 months.
Symptom was the obvious no fuel at the fuel filter and no fuel at the fuel pump connector. The fuel pump did engage with key turned as it was supposed to. Closer inspection showed that the pump did indeed pump fuel but the fuel did not exit out of the top, but rather on the side where a spring and I guess some over pressure is located?
I was hopping that the rubber hose between pump and hardline has failed, but that was not the case here.
So I bought a new pump.
You must be registered for see images attach
Sir my 454 Denso pump 951-5015 i suggested is still going strong, 12psi pressure stock fpr spring.

Last edited: