1989 body seam molding

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FullBlowncustoms

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
These trucks were in production for a long time, a host of aftermarket "enhancers" for lack of a better term got ahold of them, Choo Choo, MarkIII, Starcraft, etc., a host of others. Not everything is cut and dry when it comes to OEM level stuff. I'm not saying what you say doesn't exist but I am sayng 25+ years in the collision industry, quite a few years at GM dealers, I never saw those parts at the OEM level, not once

Yeah, IDK... maybe was custom by last owner IDK... But I seen it on one in junk yard, year newer than mine..

Hipster

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah, IDK... maybe was custom by last owner IDK... But I seen it on one in junk yard, year newer than mine..
being honest , I have for the life of me never seen moldings down there ,but never say never. You're left side looked to me like they got sloppy with seam sealer trying to make it look smooth, generally it is just the edge sealed and not much in the groove. Not trying to be an ass , just trying to be realistic.

FullBlowncustoms

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Idk, there
being honest , I have for the life of me never seen moldings down there ,but never say never. You're left side looked to me like they got sloppy with seam sealer trying to make it look smooth, generally it is just the edge sealed and not much in the groove. Not trying to be an ass , just trying to be realistic.
Idk there is no joint gunk, both sides have factory pins with flat heads on top. And the part slides in and locks in just like the passenger side one does. And like I said, I seen it on another truck step side 1990. Right in front of me, hands on it at junkyard.

fancyTBI

Some of my trucks run and drive
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do you have any quality photos you can post? You’re giving us sub-par images to work with. I’m going to try and do some googling. The extended cabs have those pieces on the roof. I know what you’re talking about, but I’ve never seen them either for a steppy.

fancyTBI

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well I learned something.

Link to Nemiga Parts:

#4 in this photo:
You must be registered for see images attach

HD photo:

Link to other thread on this forum that discusses this same issue:

Hipster

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well I learned something.

Link to Nemiga Parts:

#4 in this photo:

HD photo:

Link to other thread on this forum that discusses this same issue:

well damn, I did crash work on a ton of these trucks and never come across them before.

fancyTBI

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have them on my 91 Steppy.
I have seriously been thinking of popping them out, and burning a whole lot of MIG wire and gas. Make them disappear!!! Lol
I am going to do that on the roof of my ‘95. My factory pieces are gone (further evidence of a repaint at some point) and I’d rather just fill them in.