Fender help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

UtOBS

Reaction score
I’m in need of a new passenger side fender for my 1990 regular cab step side k1500. It’s dented pretty good although the rest of truck is fine. Dented beyond my repair and a dent repair guy quoted me 200$. Definitely not worth it in my opinion.

are any of the fenders I’m finding on jegs and summit for around 130$ any good? I’m getting the truck painted soon and need a new one before it goes in. After paint will it be noticeable if I have an aftermarket fender or not? Is there a fender anyone recommends

If none of those are any good my only local junk yard has some I can pull for 60$. One is from a 97 Tahoe and the other is a 92 2500 diesel. Will ether of these fit? I’d rather get new if they aren’t horrible as both in the junk yard are dented although not near as bad as mine. Nothing some bondo won’t fix. But I’d rather keep as much bondo off the truck as possible. I’m already young to have to bondo 2 dents in the door and 3 other tiny ones (dime sized)

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Find an original part in good shape. You might even find one the correct color. And if you have to have it shipped, probably still worth it for what you’ll have in the end. My 2 cents…:fca5278d:
Example:

Last edited:

Boots97

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Any new aftermarket fender will be cheap and tinny. My friend replaced his with ones online and while it's better than a rusty fender, it's not as good as a OEM one.

Look up your vehicle on here and your zip code. Make sure there are pictures and find the cheapest and nicest one you can afford. You may also have to drive out to get it.

The only reason why I'd buy an aftermarket fender is to cut it up and use it as patch panels. My Passenger side OEM fender is rusty, but the regular patch panels are too short to replace all the rusty metal, so I plan on buying an aftermarket fender and chopping off what I need and using it to replace the bad metal on the OEM fender.