1992 GMC Sierra XC, front fender bolts HELP!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fancyTBI

Some of my trucks run and drive
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, I managed to get the passenger side fender and liner installed today. I dunno what kind of wizard you need to be to align these damn things but it seems impossible. The top gap is nonexistent while the bottom is 1/4". Even with all the bolts loose there was NO WAY to even wiggle any adjustment in fit. Same thing on driver side. I don't get it....this is just dumb
Just gotta loosen things up and pull/push stuff around. Super possible.

fancyTBI

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Again, OEM fenders. IDENTICAL to what I removed. The set I removed won't line up either. What would have shifted?
can you share some photos? That might help. You may need to make some of the holes egged shaped with a die grinder so you can adjust them more.

evilunclegrimace

Does not always play well with others
Reaction score
Are the front cab mounts in good shape? you can add shims to raise the front of the cab to give your self more adustment leeway, also try tightening the core support bolts down a bit to lower the core support.
If the top of the fender is tight at the door and the bottom is loose add a shim to the bolt on the bottom hinge bolt.

fancyTBI

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Are the front cab mounts in good shape? you can add shims to raise the front of the cab to give your self more adustment leeway, also try tightening the core support bolts down a bit to lower the core support.
If the top of the fender is tight at the door and the bottom is loose add a shim to the bolt on the bottom hinge bolt.
I forgot about the shims. Nice job for pointing that out.

evilunclegrimace

Does not always play well with others
Reaction score
Just because the factory fenders fit does not mean that new fenders are going to fit exactly the same.Go buy new core support mounts, install them loose and get all of the fender bolts in while they are still loose. Use shims to align the fenders. It takes some doing to get it right, it is not just unbolt and install new parts. It takes practirce and Patience to align body panels.

Another thing, the top flange of the fender that sits on top of the core support might have to be bent up or down to get the lower bolts to align.

Last edited: