1992 GMC Sierra XC, front fender bolts HELP!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Orpedcrow

I don’t know what I’m doing
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Couple other things im thinking of after watching your video, the frame may have some rot and settled after pulling the fenders. You could try putting a Jack under the frame, behind the front cab mount and pick it up a smidge to see if that helps.

Core support mounts/bushings/bolts could be rotted and causing some misalignment.

dwcopple

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just because the factory fenders fit does not mean that new fenders are going to fit exactly the same.Go buy new core support mounts, install them loose and get all of the fender bolts in while they are still loose. Use shims to align the fenders. It takes some doing to get it right, it is not just unbolt and install new parts. It takes practirce and Patience to align body panels.

Another thing, the top flange of the fender that sits on top of the core support might have to be bent up or down to get the lower bolts to align.
So why won't the old ones go back on?

evilunclegrimace

Does not always play well with others
Reaction score
So why won't the old ones go back on?
For ***** sake, it is a '92 truck there is bound to be some settling of the body mounts. You don't seem to want to take the advise that is offered and go and do things your own way. I have offered very sound advice on how to accomplish mounting the new fenders but again you don't listen. Good luck. I am done wasting my time trying to help.

Orpedcrow

I don’t know what I’m doing
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kinda like you’d have a tough time squeezing into an old pair of jeans from the 90’s? Things change
I wore JNCOs in the 90s! We could both fit in them! :rotflmao:
You must be registered for see images attach

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Even if the floors aren’t rotted out the cab mounts themselves(and the core support mounts did look sketchy) definitely have changed being 31 years old. If front cab mount is say even 1/8” compressed from where it was originally, that 1/8” compounded over the length of fender could make front fender bolt holes off by 1/2”. I’ve never done this, but it totally makes sense in the advice
@evilunclegrimace and @Orpedcrow are giving. Get everything loose, including inner fenders and try and get bolts started.

Last edited: