body moulding brackets

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Xombi

Reaction score
I am new to the forum and am appreciative of suggestions. I bought a rust free started project truck, minus a box or two of parts. A reg cab short bed 4.3 five speed.
It has the fiberglass fender moldings on it, but is missing the brackets that hold those moldings in place. Could someone direct me to a view of these so I know what I am looking for and what I might have to purchase or fabricate?
You must be registered for see images attach

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Love the truck! I'd absolutely daily drive that.

It has the fiberglass fender moldings on it, but is missing the brackets that hold those moldings in place.

Oof. That stuff is likely long out of production. Do you have any way of knowing who produced the fiberglass pieces? Does the truck have a "conversion truck" tag in the door jamb? We'll need pics of what needs attaching to give DIY recommendations.

You must be registered for see images attach

Xombi

Reaction score
In addition it is blessed with some of the most fubar aftermarket lighting wiring imaginable.
Under body lights, a power windows from rollup conversion with no power. A sound system, and lots of funny led's.
Inline fuses, household wire nuts. No aftermarket builder tag to be found.

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That's all aftermarket not GM supported , conversion stuff you'll either have to fabricate or find one to copy parts.

Xombi

Reaction score
Is it better or worse from a resale perspective to save the aftermarket fiberglass moldings? The truck was garage painted before the fiberglass was put on. To me it looks like a hot wheels special. I bought it because it was a rust free platform to be a DD (It has a believable 80K owned by an 80 yr old man and garaged for the last two decades) and the dog does better with bench seats. So I guess it depends on what I want. First to get it running. A pair of swirl wheels came with it as well. Anybody out there see lines that are familiar to them, please holler.

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You bought it to be your DD. Do what you like. If you like the fiberglass pieces, keep them. Otherwise, don't hold on to them.

HHoldred88

Reaction score
I took them off my 88. The only bracket is a bent piece of flat steel about half way of the door . about 6" wide and bolted to the underside about an inch in on the flat step part. bends a 90 up under the body to clear the molding then 2 45 angles to connect to the body, inner rocker. I think it is 3/16" steel ( high strength ?). I don't know the total length. The rest is just screwed directly to the body. I noticed your cab rear is sagging, mine did too because the screw was striped out, had to drill another screw hole to bring it up