1967 Dodge D100

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

0xDEADBEEF

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mostly a clean up day, although you really can't tell, LOL. Got the ignition working.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

I ordered some 180 fittings for the fuel return lines so that I can run them more neatly. That's been buggin' me for a while. Also ordered an assortment of 90 degree bends for the radiator hoses. I think I found the magic position for the radiator where it's all going to work.

You must be registered for see images attach

I'm hoping I can have it sitting on all its wheels and tires before my vacation is up.

0xDEADBEEF

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I finally worked up the guts to cut off the end of the LS slave cylinder line and put an AN fitting on it, then hooked it up and bled it.

I think the master cylinder isn't sized correctly for this configuration because the slave cylinder doesn't move until about the last 2" of pedal travel and then it moves roughly 3/8". Not sure if that's enough.

0xDEADBEEF

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So I got my hoses made. Definitely not my best work, but they appear to work. I say appear because as I started putting water in the block water started pouring out of it where the water pump sits against the engine plate. I used some paper gaskets I had left over from something and they aren't sealing at all.

Off to the parts store for some of the metal/rubber gaskets. If these don't work, I'm going to ditch the mechanical pump altogether.

0xDEADBEEF

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
New gaskets fixed the leak.

Had a bit of a scare today with the free motor. It started making a knocking noise while I was trying to get the cooling system purged. I don't know what it was, definitely rhythmic, but didn't sound right for rod knock. Took off a valve cover and everything was fine there, a touch of side-to-side looseness on some rocker arms (they are bronze bushings). I don't know. I just crossed my fingers and after a couple minutes it stopped. Still makes some sewing machine noises, definitely not the quietest motor I ever had. I won't be sad if it blows up, but it will add time and frustrate me.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

0xDEADBEEF

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First of many radiator flushes complete. Lots of rusty water out, as you would expect for sitting in a storage unit for years.

My oil pressure gauge on the Holley is on the fritz. Sometimes it will read negative numbers, sometimes it will read as you would expect, and sometimes it will read ~70 psi high. I checked the dipstick and there was nothing on it, so I started freaking out. I put 6 quarts in and I'm like there's no way it went through that much oil without smoking or having a big puddle underneath. Turns out my aftermarket dipstick doesn't reach the oil. I pulled the breather off the valve cover and watched a healthy stream of oil flow down the rocker. It's got oil and oil pressure. Got a new oil pressure sensor to install, but I'm wondering if it needs some $pecial Holley sensor.

So far, it's run for multiple 20 minute sessions to get the thermostat to open. It's good enough to consider done, IMO. Just a few more radiator flushes and then add coolant.

Going to fab my brackets that hold the engine plate to the frame and then resume the QA1 install.