1967 Dodge D100

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

0xDEADBEEF

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So, I got my steering column situated. I had to use some scrap aluminum to shim it, but it works. The funny thing is that as I was messing around with it, I accidentally bumped the turn signal indicator and I hear the flasher start making ticking noises. The turn signals now work. They didn't work before! LOL.

I feel like I'm real close to driving it. (knock on wood)

I need brake lines, a throttle cable, wire up the cooling fan, and a driveshaft. I bought tires, they should be here next week.

I was poking around custom driveshaft places and it turns out I can swap the pinion yoke for a 1350 version. Might was well get all 1350 ujoints then. It's going to cost a little more but it should hold up to the HP. That poor NV3500 though ...

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
So, I got my steering column situated. I had to use some scrap aluminum to shim it, but it works. The funny thing is that as I was messing around with it, I accidentally bumped the turn signal indicator and I hear the flasher start making ticking noises. The turn signals now work. They didn't work before! LOL.

I feel like I'm real close to driving it. (knock on wood)

I need brake lines, a throttle cable, wire up the cooling fan, and a driveshaft. I bought tires, they should be here next week.

I was poking around custom driveshaft places and it turns out I can swap the pinion yoke for a 1350 version. Might was well get all 1350 ujoints then. It's going to cost a little more but it should hold up to the HP. That poor NV3500 though ...
You'll find the weak link soon enough I reckon....glad to see it's coming together though!

0xDEADBEEF

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I should have got 20's. Maybe 22's.

Love the stance though, low but not in the grass. Plenty usable still. However, the back is still on "big" tires. I may end up with a squatted truck, LOL. It would be hilarious (to me) if I had to put lift blocks in the back.

Also ordered my driveshaft today.

You must be registered for see images attach

0xDEADBEEF

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I love this truck. Also love me a nice lx470 :cool:

That thing hadn't spent a night outside for the first 15 years of its life. Since I've owned it 3 people have ran into it, and it went through a holy hell of a hailstorm that got me a new roof on the house. I kinda feel bad about that.

Someday I am making it into a real offroader.

Orpedcrow

I don’t know what I’m doing
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That thing hadn't spent a night outside for the first 15 years of its life. Since I've owned it 3 people have ran into it, and it went through a holy hell of a hailstorm that got me a new roof on the house. I kinda feel bad about that.

Someday I am making it into a real offroader.
My first real mechanic job was at a Lexus dealer, the only time those came in were for oil changes, brakes and tires. I was constantly amazed at how well they aged. It was strange seeing the “older” vehicles because they either had almost no miles or they had half a million but they were always nice.

618 Syndicate

You won't...
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Love the stance though, low but not in the grass. Plenty usable still. However, the back is still on "big" tires. I may end up with a squatted truck, LOL. It would be hilarious (to me) if I had to put lift blocks in the back.

I see what you're saying about the arches, but the drop looks good. Started putting this square in the weeds this evening.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score

Man, I gotta say every time this posts pops up it makes me think about how great these trucks look. Really 1967 was the last good year for them, the later trucks look OK but the big round eyeballs are the best grille arrangement. I'm partial to the wideside beds tho. There's several of them on FB not too far from me, it was super tempting to use the 6.1 hemi/NAG1 5 speed from the wrecked 300 to build one, but I knew I didn't have the time or space to get it done.

There's a '67 long/wide right now at a reasonable price except some buttnugget decided to cut a big hole in the hood to put a highrise 2x4 intake on the 383..

Richard