1967 Dodge D100

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

0xDEADBEEF

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Man, I gotta say every time this posts pops up it makes me think about how great these trucks look. Really 1967 was the last good year for them, the later trucks look OK but the big round eyeballs are the best grille arrangement. I'm partial to the wideside beds tho. There's several of them on FB not too far from me, it was super tempting to use the 6.1 hemi/NAG1 5 speed from the wrecked 300 to build one, but I knew I didn't have the time or space to get it done.

There's a '67 long/wide right now at a reasonable price except some buttnugget decided to cut a big hole in the hood to put a highrise 2x4 intake on the 383..

You must be registered for see images attach

Richard

Ah, the DOGE!!! You must buy the DOGE!

To be honest, I knew nothing about these trucks when I bought it. I had been looking for a new project for a while. It popped up on Craigs, it was cheap, pretty much all there, and it was something I almost never see on the road, perfect. Since then, I have learned a lot about them, and I don't like the 4 headlight versions as much and square signal lights and such don't look right to me.

0xDEADBEEF

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Finished the steering and brake lines. Not fun at all. Still need to bleed them, but I got fluid out of the bottom bleeder on both front calipers just letting gravity do its thing.

Infinite power steering:

0xDEADBEEF

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That looks awesome. Are you going to have actual power steering?

I'm waiting for some seat time to decide. I was going to get a manual rack, but the guy at QA1 I told me they did it this way on their test truck (Project Corkscrew), so I am trying it. I figured I could always add a pump later.

Orpedcrow

I don’t know what I’m doing
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm waiting for some seat time to decide. I was going to get a manual rack, but the guy at QA1 I told me they did it this way on their test truck (Project Corkscrew), so I am trying it. I figured I could always add a pump later.
That’s a good idea, what I’ve done on old Hondas was take them apart, drill holes in the plates that the fluid pressurizes against and filled with gear oil. You can “tune” your steering with different sized holes and different weights of oil. Of course that was old stuff, the new stuff might have built in bypasses so it doesn’t feel like unassisted power steering lol

0xDEADBEEF

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I got the brakes bled. I think it needs a smaller bore master though. The pedal is very hard, and even with some serious grunting I can't get it to go down much more than halfway. I don't really mind the leg workout, but I think they may end up being very grabby and hard to modulate. I'll wait to drive it some before doing anything about it. On the plus side, the pedal finally returns all the way to the top on its own.

0xDEADBEEF

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wired up the fan tonight. I need to get some longer bolts to securely mount it.

So basically, all systems are "functional". If it had a driveshaft, you could drive it. I still have mucho projects to finish though, and I have a few things I want to do over/change. I'm sure after driving it I'll find some things that need attention.

0xDEADBEEF

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did a little testing of the cooling system now that it is all hooked up. At 185 the fan comes on just like I programmed it in the Terminator X. The fan moves a lot of air. It's a Flex-A-Lite Black Magic fan, supposed to moved 3000 CFM. I don't know if it does or not, but you can easily feel it in front of the grill, no need for the paper towel test.

The temps kept climbing though. At 211 I turned it off and noticed fluid coming out the overflow cannister. The overflow was completely full. The top of the radiator is hot, but the bottom wasn't and the air coming out the fan was cold. I have the steam ports connected to the overflow and I think its flowing too much and filling up the overflow, or it's got a bubble in the top hose and just bypassing it via the steam ports.

Now that I think about it, I don't know why I did it that way. LOL. I need to get the steam ports to flow into the radiator, not the overflow. I'm going to change it up. I want to get rid of those ugly flexy hoses anyway.