1967 Dodge D100

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

0xDEADBEEF

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What are these steam ports you mention? Is this an ls thing?

LS have them, but I don't think they are exclusively an LS thing.

The heads have 2 small holes on each end which is supposed to allow bubbles/steam to escape. On factory LS radiator there is dedicated inlet for the line from the ports, but I don't have an LS radiator.

I was thinking if the coolant got low because it was in the overflow, the radiator would draw it back, but it ain't happening (while running anyways). I bought a hose doodad with an NPT fitting that goes in the top hose and I will run the line there instead.

0xDEADBEEF

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just a pic of the first time the hood has been fully closed in something like 5 months. The hood and driver side fender are obviously not original to the truck. I'm thinking about bringing out the green more ...

Bought a new windshield and rear window gasket too, I'm going to wait until it gets a little warmer and I work up the bravery to install them.

You must be registered for see images attach

0xDEADBEEF

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I changed out the last of the left-hand thread lug studs today. Very fun. Stripped out the tool I bought on the first one. Good ol' washer and lug nuts worked fine. Completely rebuilt the brakes while I was in there, but I lost the receipts ... Nope.

I think next year I am getting 20's and a 305 square setup. The fronts are 265/35 and you could fit your head in the fender. The back are 285/35 and not even close to rubbing.

The stance is not right, but I am rapidly losing the energy to do any more big tasks, and I want to drive this thing so bad. So that's probably going to be a next year thing too. Probably just raise the front to get it sorta close in the meantime.

0xDEADBEEF

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That truck looks cool! The stance looks good to me (don't know how good your roads are around Georgetown but that amount of fender clearance is necessary for Houston!).

I would like it to be more level, but I can live with it. The front shocks are double adjustable so I should be able to dial in a nice ride. I'll get some new shocks for the rear because I'm pretty sure they are 55 years old and I know they are not doing anything.

0xDEADBEEF

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not much got done this week.

Put the new shocks on, "custom fitted" the bed, cleaned up the wiring in the engine bay a little, and I installed the heim joint steering support thingy that I accidentally omitted.

I had big plans to get under the truck today and do a bunch of stuff, but whilst installing the new shocks, I jabbed a wire bristle an inch deep into my armpit somehow and decided that was enough fun for today. I am going to get out the power washer and clean out from under the truck before I crawl around down there again.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I jabbed a wire bristle an inch deep into my armpit somehow
Couple years ago, I had been cleaning up stuff underneath a car with a wire wheel. A few pieces must have come off. Couple days later, the back side of my shoulder was sore and when I looked, it had this infected spot. After inspecting it I noticed what looked like a splinter and pulled out a 3/8 metal bristle. Felt good to pull that out!