1967 Dodge D100

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

0xDEADBEEF

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kind of a tangent to the D100 build, but I've decided it's time to build a garage/workshop. I'm getting too old to be rolling around in the driveway under the elements. I need a lift.

My wife has a friend in the metal building bidness so we went over and talked to her. The building was approaching 70k after all the concrete and whatnot.

Then I went online and found a couple of places that you build and price your design. I built a bigger building online and it was only 12k with shipping and install, but that's without all the concrete. I can't imagine there's 50k worth of concrete, but I could imagine about half that because of the long driveway that needs to be built.

0xDEADBEEF

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
IDK if you need them or not but, does it come with engineering prints for permitting?

When I built my pool, I found out I don't live in any jurisdiction that requires permitting. Supposedly you have to file some watershed thing or something with the county, but no one does.

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Won't be 50, but could easily be 10-15k depending on how big a garage.
^^^AND, how thick the slab is. I don't have a hoist - yet but, I had them pour the slab 6" thick plus, it won't crack as easily. 6 years later and no visible cracks! (concrete always cracks, you just have to control them) :waytogo:

0xDEADBEEF

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
^^^AND, how thick the slab is. I don't have a hoist - yet but, I had them pour the slab 6" thick plus, it won't crack as easily. 6 years later and no visible cracks! (concrete always cracks, you just have to control them) :waytogo:

4" is the minimum for a lift, IIRC.

We've got it planned as 24' x 50' (over 24' wide needs extra bracing and adds 6k to the cost.) In my mind I have one bay for a 4 post lift to store 2 cars (Dodgey and my Vette). One bay is a 2 post lift, one bay is a "dirty" work area, and one is a man cave/tool storage/clean work area. I don't really need all that, but I feel like if I'm going to do it, do it right. I could combine the 2 post and dirty work area into one bay and shrink it to 24' x 36' or thereabouts.

Wife is on board, which is the main thing, but she extracted new floors and landscaping out of me to give me the ok.