1967 Dodge D100

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

0xDEADBEEF

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Made it out to the meet up and made it back without a tow truck being involved.

I need to adjust the clutch rod because it engages almost at the floor. Should have tested that before I left, but it made the drive interesting.

That dang squeaking noise is back, I guess it just happened to coincide with the clutch failure before. I think it's the speedometer because this time I put it in neutral and coasted to a stop. It squeaked the whole time until the speedometer read 0. Then I took off again and it didn't squeak. Maybe it needs grease.

Also I think 8 days on jack stands tweaked the frame a bit. There's a set screw in the steering u-joints that is contacting the frame now. I may just cut it off with a dremel.

Other than that, it did great. In fact, I think the way I had the clutch adjusted before was allowing it to slip some at more open throttle positions. Feels like that slip is gone. Dodgey continues to get a lot of attention.

You must be registered for see images attach

0xDEADBEEF

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
After a lot of messing around with the master cylinder adjustment rod, I have scientifically determined that it aintgunnawork. I had my son work the pedal while I was under the truck watching the slave, and the movement is not linear at all. You get a tiny bit of movement to start and then down at the bottom of the pedal stroke it just pops to full disengagement.

I bought a used Wilwood floor mounted clutch pedal and master off ebay, with a bore size closer to what GM used. I'm hopeful that will work. Assuming the master works, I may take it off and fab up an adapter to mount it to the firewall depending on how I like the floor pedal.

0xDEADBEEF

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just need to figure out how to mount this. I had my other kid work the pedal from up here while I watched the slave and it was exactly how it should be.

This master is brilliant. All you have to do to bleed it, is pour in fluid and it self-bleeds as long as you hold it upright.

I think I'm going to flip it upside down and make a bracket that it will bolt to with the bracket attached to the firewall. The seat is way too high for the floor mount to work.

0xDEADBEEF

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bracket part A cut out and bent. I need to make another piece to brace it to the pedal hanger. If it was a brake pedal I would do more than 2 points of contact. I still might.

Not sure if I am going to bolt it or weld it. If I bolt it, I probably need to get a 90 degree angle drill. There's not a lot of room to fully weld it either.

I'm probably just going to cut the old pedal off because I don't want to mess with doing it the right way. It appears the fuse panel needs to come out at a minimum, and who knows what kind of issues that might lead to.

I really should just pony up for a complete set of pedals and do the brake master while I'm at it, but I'm not.

0xDEADBEEF

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I has a clutch again. The pedal is too far forward by at least 3", but it's good enough for who it's for. The clutch itself works perfectly.

I ended up using bolts so when it comes time to put in a full set of pedals at least I won't have to do any cutting and grinding to remove it.

How do you like my brake return spring/battery saver? LOL.