1967 Dodge D100

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Orpedcrow

I don’t know what I’m doing
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The lens is plastic, which I don't like, but I guess it's less likely to break from a rock that gets thrown up. I hope they don't get all cloudy over time.

They're only 25 watt. I want to say the last set of LED headlights I bought were 50 watt. I don't expect these to be as bright as those, but they should still be a huge improvement over the current headlights.

You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach
They do look old school though.
Hmm. I really thought they were glass. Morimoto makes good stuff though, glad to see that brand name in them.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I don’t even know, but is that lens treated?
They probably won't elaborate past the marketing buzzwords on their website. Polycarbonate is a pretty strong material but isn't inherently UV-stable. They can add stuff to it that makes it UV-resistant. It can be added to the resin, or the final product can be coated. It's way above my pay grade so I don't know if adding the stuff to the resin is a problem for optical clarity or they just coat it later, making it more like the OEM Sylvania lenses which will eventually haze/yellow and you can just sand it off and re-coat.

If it was me spending $200/ea for those 7" rounds, I'd take my chances with leaving them alone (maybe just doing a DIY ceramic coat on them) and see how they fare. If they end up beginning to haze or yellow, you can simply sand with fine grit and coat them at that point.

Richard

0xDEADBEEF

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welp, I got the headlights installed. Only tool required was a phillips screwdriver.

One of the plugs disintegrated as I pulled it off the bulb. I fished the metal bits out and stuck them directly to the holly prongs and then wrapped the whole thing in electrical tape so they don't come off or make contact with each other. Seems to be working fine.

They are definitely brighter. Have to wait until it gets darker to really tell though. The amp draw is like 1% what it was. The old bulbs would take the ammeter down 25%, the LEDs don't even move the needle.

I also adjusted them out a lot as before they were aimed inwards a bunch. It looked really weird with a flat lens as opposed to the spherical old timey stuff. Might have to readjust them after I see the pattern.

0xDEADBEEF

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
These lights kick ass. 1000% improvement.

Went for a quick drive and gassed up the truck. Everything was fine. Pulled in the driveway and shut it off, started messing with my phone when I hear this long sploosh. SOB lower radiator hose came off.

At least it waited until I got home. This is one of the universal metal hoses, and it came right out of the rubber connector. I think I'm going to goop it up with RTV and try again.

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
...and they always gotta hurry to do that stupid stuff in front of you instead of waiting to do it behind you.

Some dude in a bro-dozer pulled out in front of me from a parking lot as I was accelerating away from a stop sign a couple days ago. He could have waited for me to pass, but he was too impatient. Then he realized I was going much faster than he thought, and to keep from being embarrassed, he slowed down just to make it look like he did it intentionally. I had to slam on my brakes to keep from hitting him. All I could think was that if I was in Roscoe instead of my Mustang, I'd have no problem letting him buy me a new truck. That, and I really need to get another dash cam.

0xDEADBEEF

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
One of the reasons I’ll never move back to the city and I’ll happily pay a little more money for things so I don’t have to “run into town”

This town has about doubled in size since we moved here. We're probably moving after the kids graduate from high school. I need room to amass dozens of old cars and trucks that I'll never get running in my remaining lifetime.