14 bolt rears.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wade w

Reaction score
Because theyre a collectable truck and you want to remove one of the best and most important upgrades and replace it with aomthing weaker its a shame

sent from my outdated S3

So taking the trans out and putting a weaker trans in its place, that would make the shift indicator not right would be OK? I did say I was going to keep the 14 bolt, just not in the truck. And I did ask some guys on a racing site how quick they have went with there 10 bolts. 1.6 60fts are fairly common with the 10 bolt. Thats enough to pull the front tires a little. Way quicker than I plan on going. Drag racing and off roading are two very different things. Id sugest you stick to what you know.

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
So taking the trans out and putting a weaker trans in its place, that would make the shift indicator not right would be OK? I did say I was going to keep the 14 bolt, just not in the truck. And I did ask some guys on a racing site how quick they have went with there 10 bolts. 1.6 60fts are fairly common with the 10 bolt. Thats enough to pull the front tires a little. Way quicker than I plan on going. Drag racing and off roading are two very different things. Id sugest you stick to what you know.

Id suggest you do some reasearch before you decide what i know amd dont. Ill be at the track saturday night, racing

sent from my outdated S3

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
a car 10 bolt and a truck 10 bolt are entirely different things, id add an overdrive multiplyer your not taking anything off, and its a mod that can be completely reverseable plus itll perform better. a 454 ss isnt a race truck by any means they are pretty slow, using it as a drag truck is kinda stupid as well because in drag form its not impressive. its a collectors piece, not something for offroad not really for the drag strip, take it downtown to a car show and cruise and let people admire history, seems like your in the entirely wrong truck.

wade w

Reaction score
Id suggest you do some reasearch before you decide what i know amd dont. Ill be at the track saturday night, racing

sent from my outdated S3

Your 19. I was racing before you were born. Tyler, I was talking about trucks. And yes they are slow stock. It will not stay stock. And most of all. Its MY truck. I can do what ever I want to it. Two KIDS are not going to be what makes my choices on what to do to it. Worry about yourself.

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
Your 19. I was racing before you were born. Tyler, I was talking about trucks. And yes they are slow stock. It will not stay stock. And most of all. Its MY truck. I can do what ever I want to it. Two KIDS are not going to be what makes my choices on what to do to it. Worry about yourself.

Lol never said i knew more than you but im glad you can stalk my profile and see how old i am of your such a racing genius you wouldnt be asking simple questions like this on a forum. Just because your old doesnt make you smart have fun ruining that SS. And btw you say worry about yourself but you posted a thread on a public forum

sent from my outdated S3

wade w

Reaction score
Lol never said i knew more than you but im glad you can stalk my profile and see how old i am of your such a racing genius you wouldnt be asking simple questions like this on a forum. Just because your old doesnt make you smart have fun ruining that SS. And btw you say worry about yourself but you posted a thread on a public forum

sent from my outdated S3

Your age is right there in your avatar. And Im not old. Just older than you. Id didnt think I would get hounded by two KIDS.

wade w

Reaction score
Oh yea. I didnt ask a question. I just said what I was planning on doing. Its called a build thread.

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
Your age is right there in your avatar. And Im not old. Just older than you. Id didnt think I would get hounded by two KIDS.
Well if you were "racing" before i was born your not young
Oh yea. I didnt ask a question. I just said what I was planning on doing. Its called a build thread.
This is not a build thread lol

sent from my outdated S3

Ruger_556

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Woah... Cool it people. Not sure when modding a truck to be the way you want it became "ruining the truck" but I suggest you lay off. So you think someone should do something else with their rig do you? Man I wish I was cool enough to tell people how to spend their money on their truck :nono:

FYI: Spelling mistakes insure people will take you seriously on the internet.

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
Woah... Cool it people. Not sure when modding a truck to be the way you want it became "ruining the truck" but I suggest you lay off. So you think someone should do something else with their rig do you? Man I wish I was cool enough to tell people how to spend their money on their truck :nono:

FYI: Spelling mistakes insure people will take you seriously on the internet.

Haha oh yah i forgot you were the forum boss! Sorry man lmao

sent from my outdated S3