Wrap or Replace?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

alpinecrick

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The steering wheel that is. The leather on my 96 is starting to deteriorate. Looking at a Richmond leather cover for the wheel at $125, or buying a "refurbished" one from Summit for $180.

Are there other companies out there making good wraps or new steering wheels for our trucks?

98chevy2500SS

Specializes in Accessories 101
Reaction score
Couple years ago I had bought a stitch on leather steering wheel cover from O’Reilly’s for about $20 for my 98. It’s not the ugly laced on one, can’t remember the brand name off hand. I only used it for about a month then ended up getting a Pilot leather steering wheel slip on cover that I liked better.

Reaction score
The steering wheel that is. The leather on my 96 is starting to deteriorate. Looking at a Richmond leather cover for the wheel at $125, or buying a "refurbished" one from Summit for $180.

Are there other companies out there making good wraps or new steering wheels for our trucks?
Have you ever considered a newer model steering wheel? I'm thinking about the wheel in my 2011 Silverado. and Grant makes an aftermarket wheel that fits the airbag.

Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

alpinecrick

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I can get the Grant steering wheel from Summit for around $180, and nice stitch on leather cover for about $125. Most steering wheel covers look......ok, but not my first choice.

I do like the steering wheel on my GMT400's and think I would rather keep it as close to the factory look as possible.

Ed Tyer

Reaction score
I had mine redone years ago by craftcustoms.com
They did a great job! It still looks good! First class materials and workmanship.