Which computer do I need?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why do I need all that extra stuff on their website programed into my ECU? Like, mount it in the dash, plug it in, turn the key. Simple.
The EBL is pretty much plug and play. Pull your old ECM and plug it in (may have to repin a couple wires). The EBL is designed to improve performance on any stock or modified engine, including NO2 and boost. You do need to take the time to learn how it works and program it. If you don't wanna take the time to do that, maybe it's not for you. If you wanna get the most out of all your work performed so far, maybe it is for you.

You asked "Which Computer do i need" :33:

DeCaff2007

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The EBL is pretty much plug and play. Pull your old ECM and plug it in (may have to repin a couple wires). The EBL is designed to improve performance on any stock or modified engine, including NO2 and boost. You do need to take the time to learn how it works and program it. If you don't wanna take the time to do that, maybe it's not for you. If you wanna get the most out of all your work performed so far, maybe it is for you.

You asked "Which Computer do i need" :33:

It seems that neither my OEM ECU, nor the one I found in the junkyard, are compatible with EBL. Lovely.

I sent this "bobr" person an email. I await the reply.

fancyTBI

Some of my trucks run and drive
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is from an old Moates file that I saved years ago. It is, supposedly, a complete list of GM ECUs, BINs, and engine/transmission combos for TBI vehicles. I have filtered the data and shown you the list of computers/PROMs that will work for your application. I used this when I V8 swapped my '92 and have had zero issues.

You must be registered for see images attach

DeCaff2007

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
This is from an old Moates file that I saved years ago. It is, supposedly, a complete list of GM ECUs, BINs, and engine/transmission combos for TBI vehicles. I have filtered the data and shown you the list of computers/PROMs that will work for your application. I used this when I V8 swapped my '92 and have had zero issues.

You must be registered for see images attach

Interesting. Interesting, indeed.

I guess it doesn't matter that my donor SBC is from a 94? I guess it wouldn't because I'm using the factory wiring harness.

FWIW, I've looked for ECU's that were from a V8/manual, from several sources. No real luck.

fancyTBI

Some of my trucks run and drive
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Interesting. Interesting, indeed.

I guess it doesn't matter that my donor SBC is from a 94? I guess it wouldn't because I'm using the factory wiring harness.

FWIW, I've looked for ECU's that were from a V8/manual, from several sources. No real luck.
eBay is how I found mine. I searched for the ECU I needed and then read the covers to make sure it had the right PROM inside. You might get lucky and find the correct prom by itself.

FrankieD61

The Stooge Called Slappy: Slappy'sAutoService
Reaction score
For what's it's worth, I did a 4.3 to a 5.7 swap on my truck, sent the old computer out to DynamicEFI and had them install the EBL board. They sent it back to me, with instructions and a bunch of . BIN files to choose from, I chose the best file for my application and applied it using TunerPRO. Did a couple of VE Learns and boom truck runs like a top. I need to do a few more VE Learns but have been putting them off... Easy as can be and solved my problem of finding the perfect computer for my application!

DeCaff2007

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Guess I'm trolling Ebay, then.

FYI: The last two items that I bought from Ebay, I got burned. We'll see how this round goes.

EDIT: Still waiting on a response from this "bobr" person from Dynamic EFI.

Last edited:

smdk2500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If you are still looking for one when my 95 gasser dies you will have first grabs at it. Unfortunately I have been waiting for it to die for 5 years now and it just won't. Jokes aside I will see if I can find anything around here and let you know. Might cost you a bit for shipping it but can cross that path when it comes.

Minn95Dually

Reaction score
I thought Dynamic EFI sold ecm's with the flash as well. Then one would have a backup?
Is this not the case?

DeCaff2007

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I thought Dynamic EFI sold ecm's with the flash as well. Then one would have a backup?
Is this not the case?

The website seems to concur with your statement.

I've reached out twice now with no reply. Someone here said that the guy running the show there is quick to reply. Seems that's not the case.