Stupid things i do

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So while on active duty USAF flight engineer, I and two other engineers, 3 pilots, 4 load my asters. Preflight off we go blast out of Travis , load cargo, off load cargo. Trucks trailers. Pickup 6 refrigerated 40 ft. Containers in Clark AB. Haul to Diego Garcia. Run out duty day, overnight at BIOT. Next morning empty containers and broken stuff to haul back. Called " the Diego shuttle " , same thing 4 more times, then country, island hop back to Travis. Been out 26 days. My fellow engineer, thinks he's " Rico Suave , Mr cool". We are at Squadron building sign out, go home sleep. Mr cool comes running in building, my car, my car it's gone. You sure? Check the other side, other lot, blah, blah. So Steve and I give Mr cool a ride home. Arrive, gets out, we're watching. He inserts key, it don't work. WTH tries, and tries. Do opens, " can I help you dude?" A hells angel looking dude opens his former apt door. Steve and I are starting to smile and giggle, we know what happened.
While we were burning jet fuel around the Pacific, his " going to be forever girl" cleaned out his bank account s, sold all his stuff, furniture, toys, electronics, and his car. What she didn't sell, give away, went to good will. He got the car back.
New name " Homeless Howard " , yeah it stuck for awhile. :3811797817_8d685371

thinger2

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So while on active duty USAF flight engineer, I and two other engineers, 3 pilots, 4 load my asters. Preflight off we go blast out of Travis , load cargo, off load cargo. Trucks trailers. Pickup 6 refrigerated 40 ft. Containers in Clark AB. Haul to Diego Garcia. Run out duty day, overnight at BIOT. Next morning empty containers and broken stuff to haul back. Called " the Diego shuttle " , same thing 4 more times, then country, island hop back to Travis. Been out 26 days. My fellow engineer, thinks he's " Rico Suave , Mr cool". We are at Squadron building sign out, go home sleep. Mr cool comes running in building, my car, my car it's gone. You sure? Check the other side, other lot, blah, blah. So Steve and I give Mr cool a ride home. Arrive, gets out, we're watching. He inserts key, it don't work. WTH tries, and tries. Do opens, " can I help you dude?" A hells angel looking dude opens his former apt door. Steve and I are starting to smile and giggle, we know what happened.
While we were burning jet fuel around the Pacific, his " going to be forever girl" cleaned out his bank account s, sold all his stuff, furniture, toys, electronics, and his car. What she didn't sell, give away, went to good will. He got the car back.
New name " Homeless Howard " , yeah it stuck for awhile. :3811797817_8d685371
When I left my ex wife and moved back to Washington I rented a crappy one bed **** box not far from JBLM.
About 50 percent divorce and 50 percent military.
My neighbor was Army. About 23 or so.
And married.
He got sent to Yakima for training.
Got food poisened and really sick.
They sent him back early.
He walked in the door and she was in bed with some remf.
He threw her out.
She came back about a week later, knocked on the door and when he opened it she stabbed him clean through all the way to the spine with a butcher knife.
He survived.
But while he was in the ICU the apartment complex had his car impounded and the army started outprocessing this kid for being medically unfit.
When he got healthy enough to move on his own I took him to the impound lot and they wanted 3500 hundred bucks to get his crappy old ford crown vic back.
It was ******* bizarre and appaling and his command seemed to be fighting him at every step.
I called an old friend and he found a Honda Accord and we fixed it up good enough that it was reliable and gave him the car
Kid had nobody to help him but us neighbors he had never met before.
And that is because the guy who was in bed with her was senior enlisted in his command and he was a nobody.
E6 or E8 or something like that?
I dont remember.
So the kid got stabbed and damn near died. lost his car and lost his dream of doing his twenty and getting a retirement. And the senior chain ******* got to go away and retire with a full pension.
we have a military recruitment problem because the idea that poor people can use service to there country as a srepping stone to a better future has been bastardized and corrupted by politicians who use the enlisted as pawns in some game that they play with each other.
Our military is an all volunteer force.
In other words folks.
You aint ******* doing it and Im not ******* doing it either.
Somebody else is doing that for us.
About twenty or so years ago one of my projects was the rebuild of the barracks at Fort Bliss, Texas.
I stopped that entire project about 30 minutes after I saw it because of black mold bio hazard.
People were living in these things for ***** sake.
I, with the full backing of the company I worked for and all of our attorneys recommended that those structures should be immediatly evacuated and burned to the ground.
It didnt happen.
Some old fart in a green suit and a bunch of merit badges showed up and got real close and sprayed saliva on my face while I was trying my best to tell him to go **** himself.
Ive never seen somone with authority who had so little concern for his men.
This ******* tried to enforce a contract on us even though we had a clause that allowed us to change the terms if we found mold or asbestos.
That is a really common contract clause when dealing with old structures and especially when dealing with ww2 vintage slap together structures.
This guy was such a ******* loon.
He went full ******* whacka nuts on me becuase my employees were wearing baseball hats inside.
Enlisted cant wear covers indoors. Only officers can do that.
Construction always comes with several layers of ********.
Military projects have a layer of turds that is a whole lot like being in boy scouts.
I have more badges than you so that means you need to kiss my ass.
Go get bent big hat boy.
Adults are trying to work hear so they can pay the bills and eat and live indoors.

We also built all of the explosive containment bunkers at Luke AFB.
The officer in charge of that entire project was a very good and reliable man.
That guy was neck deep about keeping his people safe in a really toxic envireonment while making sure that I knew that he would not let me put my people into an unsafe situation while he was on his cell phone telling somebody at the commisary that thier food wasnt good enough for his people and gave him ten minutes to stop ******* around and start doing his job.
I think he was a Major of some type but I dont really dont remember.
Dude was a badass who throughout the entire project chucked his weight around to keep all of us civilian or military safe and fed.
I was a brand new did not know any anything project manager.
Total pumpkin .
I wish I could remember his name.
I have done many projects on military bases going all the way back to the 1980s and we should as a nation be ******* ashamed and outraged by the horrer show that military housing is and the absolutly ******* awfull crap food that buy the way gets deducted from thier pay.
My first experiance with the fuckery was at Keyport Naval Torpedo base in Poulsbo Washington.
About 1990 or so.
A big fat ass station that had officers call from ******* 8am till 10am.
Yep. Enlisted didnt get to line up for breakfast untill 10.
And they got fed whatever the gigantic Fat ass ***** hadnt licked out of the bottem of the pan.
I am still so surprised that Keyport hasnt sunk into the sound from the weight of Chiefs and chicken fried steak.
I have worked in cheyyene mountain.
I have done jobs on many many military bases.
Ive met some flat out ******* loons in the military.
But what the Navy does to our enlisted sailors and thier families is ******* appaling and abusive.
It is a system designed in a way that your big shining prize is a khaki hat and now you dont have to wear a ******* dixie cup on your head.
And the path to that ******* hat.
And the path to getting to sleep in the same special little room with the other special hat people.
Is to grind the **** out of everybody else.
Yep. People will become worthless souless neck cutting ***** over a ****** hat.