I'm pretty sure mine were originals bc they were caked in mud and the boots were shredded and not holding grease anymore. I had to pick out the mud with a screwdriver and didn't realize the lower ball joints had zerk fittings on them until I did which leads me to believe that these haven't been serviced in years.I bought Acdelco upper control arms and replaced with TTX ball joints. When I drilled them out, I think I used 3 different sizes. Maybe 10 minutes total for each UCA. But I wonder if the old rivets were a better metal, mine drilled out like butter. I did use new cobalt bits/oil though.