Best Ball Joints for 2023?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

boy&hisdogs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yes I searched, but those threads are years old so here it goes:

I did my ball joints and other associated parts only a few years ago with Moog "Problem Solver" parts and its already time to replace my ball joints again (alignment guy said so plus I can hear them clunking sometimes).

Is there anything else out there that lasts longer? Granted it's got a 6 inch lift and 37s on a 1500 so I expect to have to replace front end parts more often than stock, but if there are better parts out there I'd like to know.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I almost posted that too. Why they don’t finish the deal and make a lower ball joint is beyond me. Also, the upper ball joint only fits aftermarket upper control arm.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
I did my ball joints and other associated parts only a few years ago with Moog "Problem Solver" parts and its already time to replace my ball joints again (alignment guy said so plus I can hear them clunking sometimes).

Uppers or lowers? Lower ball joints don't give me problems. I use Moog. The uppers, I passed on the Moog, since they ddn't have the boots wired in place, and that seems to be necessary to keep the grease in. I haven't tried them myself, but I'd suggest the Mevotech TTX for the uppers.

You didn't ask, but for tie-rods, I use Moog.... boots permanently attached, and I have no problems with them.

I have a 1-ton, and no lift.

boy&hisdogs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Uppers or lowers? Lower ball joints don't give me problems. I use Moog. The uppers, I passed on the Moog, since they ddn't have the boots wired in place, and that seems to be necessary to keep the grease in. I haven't tried them myself, but I'd suggest the Mevotech TTX for the uppers.

You didn't ask, but for tie-rods, I use Moog.... boots permanently attached, and I have no problems with them.

I have a 1-ton, and no lift.

Both, I have one of each upper and lower going bad according to the alignment guy, but I want to do them all together since I'm in there.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Update on Kryptonite upper ball joints. If you click on link above for 88-99 K1500, it says will “Only Fit Aftermarket Upper A-Arms”. But if you the click on the ball joint description, it says it’s “Compatible anywhere MOOG K6292 is required”. K6292 is correct for a K1500 or K2500 Light Duty. I’d say they fit our factory upper a-arms then!

You must be registered for see images attach

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mevotech TTX TXK6292 - $30 each
Kryptonite -$60 each
I have the TTX and zero issues almost 2 years later(no lift though). I don’t think you could go wrong with either. If it’s true the Kryptonite is correct fitment, in hindsight I may have gotten them.
In your case, if 6” lift is killing everything anyway, maybe it doesn’t matter. Easy enough to bolt in.