Stock ball joint???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Archaic2021

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Needing to replace the ball joint on driver side....was gonna buy a new a arm so I wouldn't have to drill out rivets..bit does this look factory. Looks as this is a bolt in ball joint. Might be easier cheaper just to change ball joint than whole a arm?

You must be registered for see images attach

JWOK

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You already have bolts in place. Just remove the bolts and replace with new ball joint. Pretty quick job, but alignment is still recommended.

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
...and verify the control arm bushings, which are most-likely totally wiped-out.

The companies that supply Polyurethane control arm bushings don't include the steel sleeves for the upper arm bushing inserts. If yours are as corroded as mine were, you'll have to fabricate them yourself from steel tubing. Or install OEM-style rubber bushings. Or buy OEM rubber bushings, and cut them apart to salvage the steel sleeves for use with the Poly bushing inserts.

Aside from that, Poly bushing inserts are WAY easier to install than rubber bushings.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Or just buy new upper a-arms with new bushings installed, although the ball joints that come in most are crap, so I’d throw in quality ball joints to boot!

Archaic2021

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Got this thing change out last night....should a new one have any play in it...has a very slight movement...nothing liek the old one.

Now went I break the steering wheel doesnt jerk to the left...and it hold straight better..

Also before like on grass or gravel the front left brake would lock up and now that doesn't happen.

93chevyluvr

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I had to get mine realigned after I replaced them so yeah I would agree