Wheel Spacers...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tet97Chev

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Just ordered new tires for my 97 ECSB 2WD, no time to lift it before squeezing the tires on so I'm in the market for a set of wheel spacers to give a little bit of extra space before lifting the truck.

I know the bolt pattern is 5x5, just not entirely sure if I need hub centric or lug centric spacers.

Can anybody help me out with some more info?

Thanks!

Chewy1576

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yes either will work, but hub centric is more reliable to center the wheel. They will fit tightly around the hub like a stock wheel to center it. If you take your time tightening the lugs evenly you can get lug centric spacers to work pretty well also. There are spacer rings available also to fill the gap between the OD of the hub and the ID of the spacer to help center them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tet97Chev

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yes either will work, but hub centric is more reliable to center the wheel. They will fit tightly around the hub like a stock wheel to center it. If you take your time tightening the lugs evenly you can get lug centric spacers to work pretty well also. There are spacer rings available also to fill the gap between the OD of the hub and the ID of the spacer to help center them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All I can find for hub centric spacers are Jeep ones with the same bolt pattern. Will these work? Or are the hubs different sizes?

Chewy1576

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Check out this page to find your hub diameter (http://www.crawlpedia.com/bolt_patterns.htm). On my K2500, the hub diameter was 116.7 mm. There are spacers that have this ID to make them hub centric, but I saved a few bucks by buying a generic spacer with a 130 mm ID. Then I found a spacer ring with an ID of 116.7 mm and an OD of 130 mm to "make" the spacers hub centric.