Help me Wheels Spacer fitment on my c2500 suburban 1996

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AMFJ

Reaction score
I bought wheel spacer for my suburban c2500 and my vehicle wheel pattern was 8x165.1 and the spacers I ordered was 8x170 so it perfectly fit my hub but it doesn't fit my stock wheels so in this situation what should I do ? should i bore my wheels holes to fit the spacer ? and if i did that, in the future if i remove the spacers can I put my wheels back with no issue ?

You must be registered for see images attach

AMFJ

Reaction score
A) why are you trying to put spacers on stock wheels?
B) get the right spacers. They exist.
A ) I love the look of stock wheels , and I can't afford cost of new wheels
B ) you are right it is my mistake, but the issue that it the first time that I deal with pattern numbers such as 8x165.1 etc .. and I learn from it , I threw my trust on the company I order from them since they said that this spacer fit perfectly my car.

AMFJ

Reaction score
Yeah.. that's not a spacer, that's a pattern-change adapter. You need 8x165 on both ends, not 8x165 + 8x170. Send those back..

Richard

p.s. and your rotors are toast
its my fault not asking here before buying them. I cant send them back because I already paid $380 for shipping only because of the weight. I Think I will keep them and I will search for wheels that has 8x170.

AMFJ

Reaction score
I found that the wheels will fit my new spacer 8x170 is:
1.Excursion 1999-2005 8x170
2. F250 1999-2023 8x170
3. F350 1999-2023 8x170

or custom wheels of course

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do you understand that spacing those wheels farther out, puts more leverage on the wheel bearing/hub assembly?

Might not be a big deal. The hubs are fairly sturdy. But I'm not making any promises. Wheel spacers got lots of folks in trouble years ago by overloading the wheel bearings especially, and the OEM wheel studs as well.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Do you understand that spacing those wheels farther out, puts more leverage on the wheel bearing/hub assembly?

Might not be a big deal. The hubs are fairly sturdy. But I'm not making any promises. Wheel spacers got lots of folks in trouble years ago by overloading the wheel bearings especially, and the OEM wheel studs as well.

Having said that, depending on the combo, it adds no more load than a wider than stock wheel. The biggest risk is the quality of aluminum used in the spacer itself. Unless we're talking 3" spacers, that's a can of worms right there.